SCOTUS will increase to 11 or 13 Justices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Both D and R do circle the wagons on their own to some extent, but R’s have taken this so far that it’s jumped the shark from comedy into outright danger, as evidenced by the events of Jan 6, Mitch delaying the trial til trump was out of office and then saying he couldn’t convict because trump was out of office, Lindsey going from “I’m done” to “trump is our future if we want to win in ‘22” etc

Even now, we have delusional people like Matty who see the world as Fox News vs every other media company in the country. Because they can’t fathom why normal, reasonable people might want to actually call out lunatic dipshts and the sycophants who *are still spreading* the big lie that there was a stolen election.

At this stage, almost everyone who is not a republican thinks Trump has some mental issue... He is a lost cause.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Should he though? Can’t the left just use the whataboutism? Did Trump resign? Did Marjorie Trash Green resign?
Not sure what Marjorie Green did to resign... Her views are controversial (to put it mildly)but I don't know if she did anything that warrants resignation.

Should he though? Can’t the left just use the whataboutism? Did Trump resign? Did Marjorie Trash Green resign?
I believe that some degree of accountability and principles are good and that hypocrisy and whataboutism are bad.

It’s hopelessly naive, I know.

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure what Marjorie Green did to resign... Her views are controversial (to put it mildly)but I don't know if she did anything that warrants resignation.
Remember when she harassed a school shooting survivor?

Personally, I file that under conduct unbecoming and say boot her, but I know many will disagree.

Reactions: 3 users
Remember when she harassed a school shooting survivor?

Personally, I file that under conduct unbecoming and say boot her, but I know many will disagree.
I agree that the conduct is unbecoming of a lawmaker, but disagree that she should resign for that...

Members don't see this ad :)
The argument about left and right media being unequal is ridiculous. Media companies make money, they’re a business, if there’s a huge demand for more conservative news stations then it will happen.

AM radio is dominated by conservative...

• Haha
Fox News is literally writing articles which say “After weeks of pressure, CNN has been aggressively covering New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D., as he faces accusations of covering up nursing home deaths in his state and threatening a member of his own party.”

Now of course FN may be editorializing the “weeks of pressure” part, but the coverage by CNN has been persistent and harsh, both on screen and on social media. Same goes for MSNBC and liberal leaning newspapers.

Cilizza 3 weeks ago:

View attachment 330886

The fact that it ever seemed stellar to these people is all you need to know.

The fact that it ever seemed stellar to these people is all you need to know.
440px-20200401_Trump_coronavirus_quote_timelines_-_Washington_Post.svg.png

Yeah, in light of those fantastic, sober, fact-filled trump press conferences it's totally a mystery why people flocked to Cuomo's standard bureaucratic press conferences.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
View attachment 330990

Yeah, in light of those fantastic, sober, fact-filled trump press conferences it's totally a mystery why people flocked to Cuomo's standard bureaucratic press conferences.

Yep, I was totally referring to the quality of his press conferences and not all the old people he killed with his crappy policies and his 2nd highest in the US per capita death rate.

Defeated again by your swift retort. Sigh.

• Haha
Yep, I was totally referring to the quality of his press conferences and not all the old people he killed with his crappy policies and his 2nd highest in the US per capita death rate.

Defeated again by your swift retort. Sigh.
Right, because evaluating the west coast and east coast which were ground zero for the pandemic, when no one knew wtf was happening, on the same standard as say North Dakota, which if evaluated per capita had one of the highest rates in the world *many months* after we knew how dangerous COVID was, is a totally fair comparison.

Try again, junior.

Reactions: 2 users
Right, because evaluating the west coast and east coast which were ground zero for the pandemic, when no one knew wtf was happening, on the same standard as say North Dakota, which if evaluated per capita had one of the highest rates in the world *many months* after we knew how dangerous COVID was, is a totally fair comparison.

Try again, junior.

Dang, the hits keep coming. Good tactic comparing NY to North Dakota that I clearly brought up instead of actually discussing anything good Cuomo did to manage Covid.

A more apt comparison would be with Florida. Both on the east coast, both have major international travel hubs. Both have the roughly the same population density. Except Florida has the second oldest population while NY has the 26th oldest.

Contrast that with the fact that NY has the 2nd highest deaths per capita and FL has the 28th highest.

Shouldn’t those numbers be flipped?

Not too mention his nursing home policy that killed countless elderly and how he covered up the nursing home death totals for politics reason.

But sure, you still wanna call it stellar cause.....North Dakota?

Dang, the hits keep coming. Good tactic comparing NY to North Dakota that I clearly brought up instead of actually discussing anything good Cuomo did to manage Covid.

A more apt comparison would be with Florida. Both on the east coast, both have major international travel hubs. Both have the roughly the same population density. Except Florida has the second oldest population while NY has the 26th oldest.

Contrast that with the fact that NY has the 2nd highest deaths per capita and FL has the 28th highest.

Shouldn’t those numbers be flipped?

Not too mention his nursing home policy that killed countless elderly and how he covered up the nursing home death totals for politics reason.

But sure, you still wanna call it stellar cause.....North Dakota?

Putting the word "stellar" into my mouth? Classic disingenuous Matty.

And just LOL. You're gonna bring up NY and FL population density being comparable when 90+% of the deaths in NY came from NYC metro area? You're going to ignore that their (FL) peak hit later? You're gonna ignore that weather plays a role in COVID spread?

It's beggars belief that you don't understand why people think you're a troll.

Last edited:

Huh? Is this where America is going? I mean I care about Cuomo killing old people but I think I’d rather have Trump than where we are headed. And the GOP is on to it...

Huh? Is this where America is going? I mean I care about Cuomo killing old people but I think I’d rather have Trump than where we are headed. And the GOP is on to it...
I'm pushing for Cuomo to be ousted and prosecuted

What in the actual fack. Cuomo literally terribly mishandled patients leading to their death and covered it up. This Cawthorn guy was calling for insurrection. Yet this is what is going to sink these guys?

Calling it now. Trump elected in 2024

Last edited:
  • Love
$3 gallon gas in many states in 2021. . RECORD 355.2% ANNUAL GROWTH IN JANUARY 2021 MONEY SUPPLY M1 [No Typo], per the St. Louis Fed. Copper and lumber prices at record highs. Syria bombed. Corn and soybean prices spiking. Move along, nothing to see here.
And they want to give people more checks ...

$3 gallon gas in many states in 2021. . RECORD 355.2% ANNUAL GROWTH IN JANUARY 2021 MONEY SUPPLY M1 [No Typo], per the St. Louis Fed. Copper and lumber prices at record highs. Syria bombed. Corn and soybean prices spiking. Move along, nothing to see here.

Only $3??!! Where is this paradise?

What will happen with Andrew Cuomo?

That is the difference between democrats vs. republicans... Democrats don't waste time in throwing their own under the bus.

What will happen with Andrew Cuomo?

That is the difference between democrats vs. republicans... Democrats don't waste time in throwing their own under the bus.
Probably should go to jail, but he'll be forgotten and out of the news in the next few weeks and probably no serious consequences.

Probably should go to jail, but he'll be forgotten and out of the news in the next few weeks and probably no serious consequences.
America will always make good on being imprisoned by its racism. You were right. Good for Cuomo.

Vector 2, you keep saying that Republicans are a minority of Americans. That is only true because of California and New York. You fail to understand our constitutional republic and the system we reside under. While 47% of Americans voted for Trump a far larger percentage voted for him if we leave out just 2 states. This means under our system the citizens of California and New York must respect a tiny state like North Dakota. I dispute your claim that a vast majority of states are Democrat and under our system each state gets representation in Congress. This isn't Europe. California doesn't get to dictate policy to Montana any more than Texas does to Vermont.

The truth comes out. If only Texas counted all their votes.

I’ll be happy to eat my words, but I just don’t see any rioting and looting coming with a Biden win. Most likely we’ll see if that’s an accurate prediction. But if Trump pulls off the improbable, there will be guaranteed rioting from the left. Look at all the heavily blue areas already boarding up businesses. Don’t think you see the same thing in Tuscaloosa or Wichita.

Bon appetit!

• Haha
  • Okay...
Reactions: 6 users
Before you all write off this thread as irrelevant the SCOTUS meets this Fall for some BIG, tough cases. If the Conservatives go too far right in their rulings you can bet your Hunter Biden Paintings that the left will demand more SCOTUS appointees to the court.

This issue is on the side-burner for now but by no means is it off the table.

Here are some of the big cases the justices will hear:

The court, stacked 6-3 with justices chosen by Republican presidents, already kicked up a firestorm weeks earlier, when a bare majority of five justices declined to block a strict Texas abortion law from taking effect.

Before you all write off this thread as irrelevant the SCOTUS meets this Fall for some BIG, tough cases. If the Conservatives go too far right in their rulings you can bet your Hunter Biden Paintings that the left will demand more SCOTUS appointees to the court.
They left fringes may demand it, but they won't get it. This whole pack-the-court movement is theater.

I wouldn't write off R vs W yet. Declining to intervene at that point doesn't mean the law will stand in the end.

They left fringes may demand it, but they won't get it. This whole pack-the-court movement is theater.

I wouldn't write off R vs W yet. Declining to intervene at that point doesn't mean the law will stand in the end.
The judges MAY allow states more latitude but they won't overturn Roe vs Wade. Blue states like California and NY will be able to perform abortion on demand. The question is how far will the conservative justices go in letting Red States limit abortion? 6 weeks? 12 weeks? 20 weeks?

The judges MAY allow states more latitude but they won't overturn Roe vs Wade. Blue states like California and NY will be able to perform abortion on demand. The question is how far will the conservative justices go in letting Red States limit abortion? 6 weeks? 12 weeks? 20 weeks?
6 weeks is the same thing as a ban.

Reactions: 3 users