***Scramble List for Clinical Pharmacy ?***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ukc999

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Fellas,
I shamefully:scared: missed the boat for 2008 residency match and was wondering if anyone can help me with unfilled/unmatched positions. Can someone please provide me information on scramble list and facilities that had difficulty filling Pharmacist Residency Positions.... I will take anything to save one year. and not wait till 2010.....

You help will be greatly appreciated.:thumbup:.

Thanks,
UC

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Fellas,
I shamefully:scared: missed the boat for 2008 residency match and was wondering if anyone can help me with unfilled/unmatched positions. Can someone please provide me information on scramble list and facilities that had difficulty filling Pharmacist Residency Positions.... I will take anything to save one year. and not wait till 2010.....

Thanks,
UC

That's not really fair, is it?

Hi Fellas,

Thanks,
UC

Buddy ask your friends who applied for residencies, not STRANGERS on an online forum. I think you'll get better results

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Fellas,

Thanks,
UC

start with the ASHp match website...results will be posted after 12pm today
http://www.natmatch.com/ashprmp/

I am in the same position as UKC999. If anybody has the scramble list, please send it to me as well. You can do it from the goodness of your heart since good things will happen to good people.

i was just looking myself. i am curious to see what the scramble list holds.

if someone would please post that would be nice.

Buddy ask your friends who applied for residencies, not STRANGERS on an online forum. I think you'll get better results

why not help the guy out when he is seeking help instead of being a douche?

why not help the guy out when he is seeking help instead of being a douche?

Right, but there are over 800 people that DID go through the match system that DIDN'T match. Don't you think those people should have the option to do the scramble over others wanting us to post the list for them, that didn't sign up for the match in the first place?

Right, but there are over 800 people that DID go through the match system that DIDN'T match. Don't you think those people should have the option to do the scramble over others wanting us to post the list for them, that didn't sign up for the match in the first place?

i can't speak about people i do not know. perhaps they were not well qualified people and that is why they didn't match? i don't like to speculate though.

this forum's purpose is to help each other on these boards within this community. if i had the information i wouldn't hesitate to share it.

i can't speak about people i do not know. perhaps they were not well qualified people and that is why they didn't match? i don't like to speculate though.

all of my phone interviews today mentioned what a strong candidate I am and what a great interviewer I am.

So don't speculate.

all of my phone interviews today mentioned what a strong candidate I am and what a great interviewer I am.

So don't speculate.

good luck. as i said, i don't speculate because i have no idea of the reasons someone in particular didn't match.

that guy before was just being an ass to someone requesting the info.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for all the support. can anyone provide the list of programs with no match ?? u may send confidential to [email protected]

Just Imagine what a chain reaction of selfless help can do to our profession an the world.

uc

this forum's purpose is to help each other on these boards within this community. if i had the information i wouldn't hesitate to share it.

It's called ethics. With only ~200 positions and ~800 unmatched applicants (that already went through hell to get there)...there's no way I would send out the list to a stranger.

And everyone in the match knows that just b/c you don't match doesn't mean you're not qualified whether it be the program or the applicant. Way to add insult to injury for those that were unmatched.

FAMU has a point. Prob would get better results from friends.

Good luck to those in the scramble! :xf:

ill be getting the list shortly. :D

It's called ethics. With only ~200 positions and ~800 unmatched applicants (that already went through hell to get there)...there's no way I would send out the list to a stranger.

And everyone in the match knows that just b/c you don't match doesn't mean you're not qualified whether it be the program or the applicant. Way to add insult to injury for those that were unmatched.

FAMU has a point. Prob would get better results from friends.

Good luck to those in the scramble! :xf:

how do you decide that this is ethical vs not? couldnt withholding information from someone who wants to take a leap to improve themselves and others be unethical? sounds like you are being bratty.

Wow...I can't believe there are only ~200 spots for ~800 applicants. I'd like to see the list too after the whole thing is over since nobody wants to share it now. I just want to see which programs were unmatched.

how do you decide that this is ethical vs not? couldnt withholding information from someone who wants to take a leap to improve themselves and others be unethical? sounds like you are being bratty.

Again, you're missing the point. In my eyes, the people who went through the match--who PAID the match fee--and did not match should have priority in the scramble. There's a reason the list is available by login provided by the match service to those who are registered.

I'm finished with this thread, because I'm not giving the information out. If you get the list elsewhere, great.

If you read the rules, it says explicitly that anyone interested in a PGY1 or PGY2 program that participates in the Match MUST register for the Match. So providing the Scramble list would be a) against the rules, which you agree to obey when registering for Match, b) would be useless since the person who did not even enter Match would not be eligible for scramble anyway. On the purely ethical side, free-riding is never appreciated by those who people try to mooch off. :D There is nothing about "wanting to improve themselves" in these requests, only laziness (can't get their sorry asses to do a simple process of registration for the match) and being morbidly cheap, and arrogant in addition. If that's the kind of people you think should be residents... well, I am glad I am not anywhere near your facility.

If you read the rules, it says explicitly that anyone interested in a PGY1 or PGY2 program that participates in the Match MUST register for the Match. So providing the Scramble list would be a) against the rules, which you agree to obey when registering for Match, b) would be useless since the person who did not even enter Match would not be eligible for scramble anyway. On the purely ethical side, free-riding is never appreciated by those who people try to mooch off. :D There is nothing about "wanting to improve themselves" in these requests, only laziness (can't get their sorry asses to do a simple process of registration for the match) and being morbidly cheap, and arrogant in addition. If that's the kind of people you think should be residents... well, I am glad I am not anywhere near your facility.

:claps:

FOR THE MATCHING PROGRAM.

You MUST have "accidently" missed this part:

Residency programs that receive their Match results and have one or more positions left unfilled may then make other direct offers (verbal or written) to applicants who remain unmatched or to applicants who did not participate in the Match. Applicants who receive their Match results and who remain unmatched may then receive other direct offers of admission.

nowhere does it say you are not allowed to share info on the unmatched programs. Thank you, but we do not need you to "interpret" the rules of match.

On the results page... it also says "This information is provided for the use of applicants who are not matched."

It does not say for the use of applicants who are not not matched or who did not apply.

On the results page... it also says "This information is provided for the use of applicants who are not matched."

It does not say for the use of applicants who are not not matched or who did not apply.

nor does it say it is not to be shared.

law 101, learn it.

FYI, if you want the list post your email address in this thread or pm it over. i don't want the internet white knights to start crying.

nor does it say it is not to be shared.
You sure about that? Were it meant to be publicly available information, it wouldn't be in the password-protected section of the website. I have no access to the section, so I can't look for fine print. But I wouldn't be surprized if it was there. And if there is a copyright symbol on the bottom of the page, that counts too, btw.

Residency programs that receive their Match results and have one or more positions left unfilled may then make other direct offers (verbal or written) to applicants who remain unmatched or to applicants who did not participate in the Match.
That's for the benefit of the program, so that program may contact the students it knows who may not have participated in the match. It is not intended to enable the students who did not participate in the Match to contact the programs directly. Two different things.

You sure about that? Were it meant to be publicly available information, it wouldn't be in the password-protected section of the website. I have no access to the section, so I can't look for fine print. But I wouldn't be surprized if it was there. And if there is a copyright symbol on the bottom of the page, that counts too, btw.

That's for the benefit of the program, so that program may contact the students it knows who may not have participated in the match. It is not intended to enable the students who did not participate in the Match to contact the programs directly. Two different things.

again you are trying to interpret rules that are not stated. if the rules are not outlined in that manner, they are not rules.

Wow bratty...?

Well aren't you a peach... :annoyed:

paypal me $1000 and i'll share the top secret list w/ you ;)

This situation is coming off like a bad mission impossible scenario (we CAN'T let that list get out into the open!!!!)

On a serious note - I would like to understand the ethics behind the issue. As a student preparing for the process next year - what is wrong with having a list of those sites that did not match this year (for whatever reason)?

It would allow me to focus on sites that may not have had as much exposure this year, but still suit my needs. Nothing I have stated above conflicts with any of my own personal ethics.

~above~

PEOPLE - bottom line is people pay $110 (one-hundred and ten dollars, in case you need that spelled out) to PARTICIPATE in the match! why t f*** should people who did not pay the $110 (one-hundred and ten dollars, in case you need that spelled out AGAIN) have access to this list? Please explain.

With that said and done, w/ only ~200 positions and 800 unmatched applicants, why should the people who did pay the $110 and prepared their ass off for residency/interviews get kicked to the curb by those who didn't sign up thru the match but now have access to the list?? logic!

again, bottom line, $110. You gotta pay the $ if you want to play the game.

Regarding above's comment, really, that list isn't going to help you as a potential applicant (releasing the list will hurt those 800 applicants who are not competing fiercly for the 200 positions); the match is in the applicant's favor. Go to the midyear clinical meeting to find the programs that fit you.

Regarding above's comment, really, that list isn't going to help you as a potential applicant (releasing the list will hurt those 800 applicants who are not competing fiercly for the 200 positions); the match is in the applicant's favor. Go to the midyear clinical meeting to find the programs that fit you.

I will be doing the match - and paying the 1xx.xx it happens to be at that time. I appreciate your response - but it didn't answer anything (from my perspective anyway) - I have no intention of stealing anyone's spot... I would however like to focus a portion of my efforts on sites that received less attention in the match.

It would be foolish to believe that only one site is a "fit" for you. Such a list would help me find some that fit me, but perhaps did not receive as much attention this year.

To ease any possible distress - Would it be wrong to get the list from someone in 2 or 3 months from now???

Any other thoughts???

~above~

Last edited:
I will be doing the match - and paying the 1xx.xx it happens to be at that time. I appreciate your response - but it didn't answer anything (from my perspective anyway) - I have no intention of stealing anyone's spot... I would however like to focus a portion of my efforts on sites that received less attention in the match.

It would be foolish to believe that only one site is a "fit" for you. Such a list would help me find some that fit me, but perhaps did not receive as much attention this year.

To ease any possible distress - Would it be wrong to get the list from someone in 2 or 3 months from now???

Any other thoughts???

~above~

Don't sell yourself short by trying to focus on programs that you feel you have a better chance at b/c they "receive less attention" as you say. The majority of applicants who match will get their #1 pick.

You're essentially giving up 60 grand to do a residency so you might as well reap the benefits from the program by making very sure that it does "fit" your needs and what you want out of the program. Make it worth it and choose want you want. Not what you think you can get.

Go to ashp midyear (or equivalent state conference) and scope out the sites. Talk to your professors, current residents, and just try to gather together what exactly you want and what you need to do to get it. Just be prepared and you'll be fine.

Also, if the program did not fill all of their spots, it doesn't necessarily mean they received less attention.

As for talking about which programs did not match after the scramble process is over...I have no qualms. My only issue is that students worked very hard to get to this point and the scramble list is intended for those students first.

Btw, It's not about the $$$ for me. Who cares about 110 bucks. It's everything else... process/effort/preparation etc...

Hello everyone:

Can anyone post the residencies with available positions after the match? It has to be post by an applicant who applied for residency this year because you need a password and pin to have access to the list.
Can anybody post the list please.

Thank you.

Good luck everyone!

Hello everyone:

Can anyone post the residencies with available positions after the match? It has to be post by an applicant who applied for residency this year because you need a password and pin to have access to the list.
Can anybody post the list please.

Thank you.

Good luck everyone!
sure...I will PM it to you!

Btw, It's not about the $$$ for me. Who cares about 110 bucks. It's everything else... process/effort/preparation etc...

I'm returning to this thread just to echo the last sentence here. While I do think that the $110 is important (some of us are stretching what money we have left out until the residency starts), it's the principle that those who didn't match paid the money, but not just that money, they took time out of their rotations, their jobs, their every day lives, took out money for transportation (gas for driving, plane, train, etc.), had to go through the entire interview process (and most of them had multiple interviews), and finally these people knew before the match and program deadlines that they for sure wanted to do a residency. Those people should have priority at the list than those who, for whatever reasons, did not go through the match or apply to any residencies before yesterday.

above -- you won't find "fit" on paper. Sure, you'll be able to see if the location (possibly) and available rotations are what you want from paper and if the salary is appropriate, but you won't know if the place itself or the people who work there fit with you until you are there or speak with them. There are a multitude of reasons why programs and applicants don't match. There aren't just "no name" programs on this list; there are some well-known places also.

I'm returning to this thread just to echo the last sentence here. While I do think that the $110 is important (some of us are stretching what money we have left out until the residency starts), it's the principle that those who didn't match paid the money, but not just that money, they took time out of their rotations, their jobs, their every day lives, took out money for transportation (gas for driving, plane, train, etc.), had to go through the entire interview process (and most of them had multiple interviews), and finally these people knew before the match and program deadlines that they for sure wanted to do a residency. Those people should have priority at the list than those who, for whatever reasons, did not go through the match or apply to any residencies before yesterday.

above -- you won't find "fit" on paper. Sure, you'll be able to see if the location (possibly) and available rotations are what you want from paper and if the salary is appropriate, but you won't know if the place itself or the people who work there fit with you until you are there or speak with them. There are a multitude of reasons why programs and applicants don't match. There aren't just "no name" programs on this list; there are some well-known places also.

I agree with you 110%...it's absolutely ridiculous for people to be sharing this list that paid for it. It's amazing how many pathetic individuals PM'ed me to try and get a list. I threw out the offer to share the list just to see how many PM's i would get. It's unreal. Some of you have no standards or ethics.

I like how I'm obviously devastated to be scrambling and people are asking me to provide the list. I've found it pretty offensive.

Last edited:

Amen sister.

-------

I may be beating a dead horse now but...

Those of us who are adamant about wanting match applicants first dibs is b/c we know how hard it was. The process is not your simple everyday job interview. You think about it well in advance...map out the programs, fly to these conferences, talk to the directors/residents, show your face so they remember you when your application comes around... Then you have the stress of getting recommendation letters, tailoring letters of intent, scheduling interviews (especially hard if you're flying all around the country), missing rotation days that you have to make up, staying up all hours of the night if that program gave you a presentation to do 2 days before the interview, the actual interview, stressing about whether they'll ask you clinical questions, follow up thank you cards/emails/letters etc etc etc...

Ugh...I could write about this forever. Bottom line...it was a tiring process. I'm glad it's over, but the feeling of going through it and matching is a great feeling. The match applicants paid their "dues". So yes, I do believe they deserve it more than the others.

I had no idea emotions ran so high concerning this...

I am not discounting anyone's effort (I have followed all of your stories closely), or the experience, or anything for that matter. It would however, be a handy tool to use for researching sites... FOR NEXT YEAR

Now - I plan on joining the Army or IHS (75K / year for former military going through residency = awesome). That effectively takes me out of the match. My curiosity was just that... Can someone explain to me what portion of ethics I am missing. I'm a little taken back by how my curiosity has somehow made me an unethical person.

~above~

For the record - I haven't asked anyone for the list - and knowing how sensitive people are about it - I don't plan on it. I still maintain that it would be a good thing to have...

above -- i don't think anyone is directing comments regarding ethics toward you. we know you're asking in a different context.

Wow, guys. This is a pretty intense thread. I think everyone needs to calm down and take a deep breath. We are professionals aren't we?

No, its really not fair that some people paid money, didn't match, and have to scramble and compete for remaining positions. Especially when those who did not go through the blood, sweat, and tears of the match process try and steal the list. However, I learned long ago that life just isn't fair.

Best of luck to everyone, reguardless of whether you matched or not! We're all part of the same team!

Wow, guys. This is a pretty intense thread. I think everyone needs to calm down and take a deep breath. We are professionals aren't we?

No, its really not fair that some people paid money, didn't match, and have to scramble and compete for remaining positions. Especially when those who did not go through the blood, sweat, and tears of the match process try and steal the list. However, I learned long ago that life just isn't fair.

Best of luck to everyone, reguardless of whether you matched or not! We're all part of the same team!

No worries... I think the consensus is that disclosing the list is not a condoned practice. :cool:

Now - I dont mind disclosing my bracket "list" to anyone who is curious... so far I am 7 for 7 :D

~above~

I had no idea emotions ran so high concerning this...

I am not discounting anyone's effort (I have followed all of your stories closely), or the experience, or anything for that matter. It would however, be a handy tool to use for researching sites... FOR NEXT YEAR

Now - I plan on joining the Army or IHS (75K / year for former military going through residency = awesome). That effectively takes me out of the match. My curiosity was just that... Can someone explain to me what portion of ethics I am missing. I'm a little taken back by how my curiosity has somehow made me an unethical person.

~above~

For the record - I haven't asked anyone for the list - and knowing how sensitive people are about it - I don't plan on it. I still maintain that it would be a good thing to have...

Have you completed a rotation with the IHS? I am always curious to hear new experiences concerning Public Health Service. Too bad all their residencies seem to only have 1 opening/site. If I do a residency I would like to at least work with 1 other resident.

I apologize for starting a thread that pushed buttons in all directions. I also respect the effort of those who did hard work and are yet scrambling for position but I don't agree with the 110$ argument from a professional.

Unfilled positions one way or the other hurts patient care and given the current shortage, we should all work in tandem to improve our healthcare systems.
The very same cut-throat attitude from SLOAN/WHARTON/KELOGG'S has crippled WallStreet so I request you all to practice little bit of compassion, humility and togetherness for the betterment of our profession and mankind as a whole.

UC

I apologize for starting a thread that pushed buttons in all directions. I also respect the effort of those who did hard work and are yet scrambling for position but I don't agree with the 110$ argument from a professional.

Unfilled positions one way or the other hurts patient care and given the current shortage, we should all work in tandem to improve our healthcare systems.
The very same cut-throat attitude from SLOAN/WHARTON/KELOGG'S has crippled WallStreet so I request you all to practice little bit of compassion, humility and togetherness for the betterment of our profession and mankind as a whole.

UC
Ah, trying to make yourself look better. Go right ahead, but what's your excuse for "missing the boat"? The process takes months, you have to try really, really hard to miss out. So you didn't really care about those patients after all, now did you?

Last edited:
It's not about the $110. It's about the foresight, planning, dedication, and perseverance involved with applying and interviewing for residencies. It sucks that your plans changed, but I don't think devoting countless numbers of hours and thousands of dollars over the past 6 months and not wanting to share the positions I'm still trying to fit with is being selfish.

And I ended up scrambling. With a program that contacted me, from the applicant scramble list.

Ah, trying to make yourself look better. Go right ahead, but what's your excuse for "missing the boat"? The process takes months, you have to try really, really hard to miss out. So you didn't really care about those patients after all, now did you?

perhaps he applied to the quality programs that didn't participate in match (there are many) or maybe someone died. who are you to question why he did or did not do something? it really isn't your business.