***Scramble List for Clinical Pharmacy ?***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
perhaps he applied to the quality programs that didn't participate in match (there are many) or maybe someone died. who are you to question why he did or did not do something? it really isn't your business.
Anyone posting a request on a public forum should expect to be questioned. Especially if the question is directly related to their request. :rolleyes: Seriously, what bubble did you grow up in that you expect everyone to rush to fulfill any random Joe's questionable request without blinking or asking some questions? Oh, I guess that's a question I have no right to ask either, as that deals with your most intimate secrets. :D

Members don't see this ad.

It's not about the $110. It's about the foresight, planning, dedication, and perseverance involved with applying and interviewing for residencies. It sucks that your plans changed, but I don't think devoting countless numbers of hours and thousands of dollars over the past 6 months and not wanting to share the positions I'm still trying to fit with is being selfish.

And I ended up scrambling. With a program that contacted me, from the applicant scramble list.

Congratulations! Hope that works out great for you. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
And I ended up scrambling. With a program that contacted me, from the applicant scramble list.

What fantastic news! Congratulations! They're lucky to have you! :highfive:

Unfilled positions one way or the other hurts patient care and given the current shortage, we should all work in tandem to improve our healthcare systems.

200 spots for 800 people...that's all i'm going to say.

Congrats fellow resident!!!:woot:

Congratulations! Hope that works out great for you. :)

What fantastic news! Congratulations! They're lucky to have you! :highfive:

Thanks guys!! :love: They are super-duper excited about me, which is nice after the plethora of pseudo-rejections on Wednesday. I knew the match process was stupid before, but now I'm more convinced that it may not be the best process.

regardless, I'm getting more excited about the scramble site and they're totally stoked to have me.:oops:

Anyone posting a request on a public forum should expect to be questioned. Especially if the question is directly related to their request. :rolleyes: Seriously, what bubble did you grow up in that you expect everyone to rush to fulfill any random Joe's questionable request without blinking or asking some questions? Oh, I guess that's a question I have no right to ask either, as that deals with your most intimate secrets. :D

i think we need barack obama and his mystical powers to save us on this one.

Thanks guys!! :love: They are super-duper excited about me, which is nice after the plethora of pseudo-rejections on Wednesday. I knew the match process was stupid before, but now I'm more convinced that it may not be the best process.

regardless, I'm getting more excited about the scramble site and they're totally stoked to have me.:oops:

I'm so happy for you! In all honesty, this will probably work out for the better.

Participating in the scramble for the first time...I am amazed how fast some positions get filled! I am still on rotations, so thankfully I was able to beg today off as one of 5 "personal days" we get, to make phone calls. It's stressful!

Does anyone have last years list (2009) they would be willing to share? I want to research programs just in case I have to scramble.

Does anyone have last years list (2009) they would be willing to share? I want to research programs just in case I have to scramble.

With all due respect, I think this is an absurd request. For one thing, I'm not even sure that those of us who had a match number last year would even still have access to anything to do with the match. Also, and more importantly, the list of programs who scramble changes every year. Some very good programs end up not matching. Besides, that list was super long, and you'd probably not get through it by next Wednesday anyway.

My advice to you, in the event that you need to scramble, would be to have ahead of time a list of things you must have (location, rotation opportunities, etc) and sort through the programs that way. The list will be available at noon next Wednesday.

Revisiting this post a year later is pretty sobering... You have no idea how much effort really goes into this process. It really is months of prep work and stress.

I'll be closely following how the match plays out this year - and very happy my future is already decided :D