ScribeAmerica Question - taking the final tomorrow!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IceDuchess

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be taking my ScribeAmerica final exam tomorrow. I have been reviewing all week, but to get a better idea of what to expect I would really appreciate responses to the following questions:

How much of the final exam is directly from the introductory packet?
I am taking the ED final tomorrow. I have been reviewing abbreviations but am not sure how much of my attention to focus on the initial intro packet.

How much of the final exam is abbreviations/defining medical terms? The PPT's from the training booklet have a ridiculous amount of information on them... should I focus primarily on only terms/abbreviations, or know answers to questions such as "What would an abnormal Blood culture indicate?" as well?

Thanks for taking the time to read this/respond!

-ID-

Members don't see this ad.

I remember it being rather straight forward.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be taking my ScribeAmerica final exam tomorrow. I have been reviewing all week, but to get a better idea of what to expect I would really appreciate responses to the following questions:

How much of the final exam is directly from the introductory packet?
I am taking the ED final tomorrow. I have been reviewing abbreviations but am not sure how much of my attention to focus on the initial intro packet.

How much of the final exam is abbreviations/defining medical terms? The PPT's from the training booklet have a ridiculous amount of information on them... should I focus primarily on only terms/abbreviations, or know answers to questions such as "What would an abnormal Blood culture indicate?" as well?

Thanks for taking the time to read this/respond!

-ID-

Did your chief scribe tell you explicitly whats going to be on it?

Are you training for a specific specialty (Neurology, etc.) ?

From what I know, all the abbreviations from your initial exam should be known, along with diagnosing, symptoms, ect. from the Powerpoints. So yes, you do have to know your powerpoints in great detail, and yes, that is a lot of information.

This is medicine after all!

If I were you, I'd contact your chief scribe for a more "concise" explanation of what you have to study.

They have an exam for this??

Yes, the training is plentiful for ScribeAmerica, at least in content, perhaps not "time".

They force you to learn quite a bit, but it churns out scribes to be useful for specialties or the ER in a pretty efficient manner.

Did your chief scribe tell you explicitly whats going to be on it?

Are you training for a specific specialty (Neurology, etc.) ?

From what I know, all the abbreviations from your initial exam should be known, along with diagnosing, symptoms, ect. from the Powerpoints. So yes, you do have to know your powerpoints in great detail, and yes, that is a lot of information.

This is medicine after all!

If I were you, I'd contact your chief scribe for a more "concise" explanation of what you have to study.

I'm going to be on the Emergency Department. I'm not training for any specific specialty at the moment.

I know the introductory packet inside and out. I also know very general descriptions of the diagnoses and their symptoms (let me emphasize... very very general lol). Do you think that's good enough to pass?

I received a breakdown of the final exam. It's about 50% abbreviations/terms (I feel very prepared for that portion).

BUT, then theres the rest of it which is:

Disease Workups
HPI Workups
Physical Exam
Coding, HIPAA and PHI Workups

Im not sure what types of questions to expect for the "workups" portion.... o_O

When I took the final it was a lot of the same questions from the previous exams. A lot of questions like, "If the pt presents with CP what will the provider order?", stuff like that.

If you did well on the previous exams I'm sure you'll be fine. I'd be more specific but they never let me keep my exam.

I'm the Quality Assurance Associate for my site with ScribeAmerica, and it is fairly straightforward. Know your abbreviations and vocabulary like the back of your hand, and as for the rest, try to memorize different order sets for different workups. Know that the troponin, CXR, and EKGs are staples to any cardiac order set etc etc.

I'm going to be on the Emergency Department. I'm not training for any specific specialty at the moment.

I know the introductory packet inside and out. I also know very general descriptions of the diagnoses and their symptoms (let me emphasize... very very general lol). Do you think that's good enough to pass?

I received a breakdown of the final exam. It's about 50% abbreviations/terms (I feel very prepared for that portion).

BUT, then theres the rest of it which is:

Disease Workups
HPI Workups
Physical Exam
Coding, HIPAA and PHI Workups

Im not sure what types of questions to expect for the "workups" portion.... o_O

I think you should be fine. They aren't looking to want to fire you, they want to see you work hard and train you. If your chief scribe is a decent person, they will help you enough right before taking it so ensure you have the material down.