SDN: Any Jobs for Pre-Med College Graduates with a BS in Neuroscience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Person4223311845

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for a full-time job that offers a decent salary and potential of advancement. Already have two years of lab experience if that helps. I need a backup plan in case I don’t get into med school on my first try.

Members don't see this ad.

THC reduction into essential oils that pass into the bloodstream. No pharmacological research needed as it is quite well understood by the patient and the synthesizers. Distribution is high in demand as the usual distributor's get tied up quite frequently. The harder you work, the faster you advance.

Reactions: 3 users
You could do a lot of lab assisting, offer to TA for a college or lead a lab section, or you could apply for general work like secretarial or something like that to keep your bills paid.

And, if you were really in a bind, you could always wait tables. I paid my bills waiting tables during second and third shifts and even though it certainly wasn't my favorite job, I certainly made my money and some friends that way. I also cleaned dorm buildings for a while just to get food on the table before that.

An alternate plan if you want to stay in healthcare is to get a certificate in something- maybe as a CNA or EMT or something like that. After a few years of that, you could certainly try for PA school if the MD/DO doesn't speak to you any more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking for a full-time job that offers a decent salary and potential of advancement. Already have two years of lab experience if that helps. I need a backup plan in case I don’t get into med school on my first try.
I know a few techs who just graduated college. I don't know how long you plan on staying full-time, but that would certainly work.

Do you live near any academic hospitals or can move close to one? They tend to have ongoing clinical research assistant positions in various different departments. A lot of people I know ended up doing this during their gap year(s). If you do it long enough you can advance to a coordinator position. If you like more technical work, they often also look for lab techs too.

Reactions: 1 user
THC reduction into essential oils that pass into the bloodstream. No pharmacological research needed as it is quite well understood by the patient and the synthesizers. Distribution is high in demand as the usual distributor's get tied up quite frequently. The harder you work, the faster you advance.

lol!