SDN gurus please help - Canadian applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j49sun

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

I am an engineering undergrad from Canada (go Waterloo!) with 3.96 GPA and 32 MCAT (13/8/11).

Do you guys think I should bother applying to AMCAS this cycle with a very poor VR score? I should probably rewrite it again? :(

Love to hear your input.

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there!

I am an engineering undergrad from Canada (go Waterloo!) with 3.96 GPA and 32 MCAT (13/8/11).

Do you guys think I should bother applying to AMCAS this cycle with a very poor VR score? I should probably rewrite it again? :(

Love to hear your input.

Thanks! :)
Depending on the strength of the rest of your application, you may have a chance at about half of the 74 MD schools that accept applications from internationals. DO schools are also accepting more internationals lately.

Thanks that was certainly good to hear. Any specific schools that you recommend professor?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks that was certainly good to hear. Any specific schools that you recommend professor?
The ones where your gpa and MCAT are near the median for accepted applicants.
Have you bought the MSAR?
There's a thread for international applicants in pre allo you should check out.

Good GPA!

I honestly think the VR won't kill you. I was in the same boat (applying from McGill, 4.0, 15-14-8). Ended up working out.

Like they say, just make sure the rest of you app is OK and research the schools/MSAR and listen to @gyngyn for good advice.

Excellent GPA and science score, you should have no problem with a well rounded and early AMCAS app. I had much lower stats and received multiple interviews and matriculating.

Retake the MCAT for Canada.