SDN Pre-Vet Secret Santa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NSFW Gifts ok?

• Yes!

• No, thanks.

• Within reason...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Filly Bay

Don't Panic
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Cat-in-a-Santa-Hat.gif

JoLRHXI.png

Deadline to sign up has passed.
The Dealio
For several years, @Trilt and I have talked about running an SDN Secret Santa, and this year we're finally delivering!
This is utterly not helpful for gift giving, but we should totally do an SDN Secret Santa next year.
I don't think this comment is serious, but I'd totally do an SDN secret santa!

For those not familiar with the idea, Secret Santa is a gift exchange where you are anonymously matched to another participant and buy them a gift. Of course, the fun part is, you also receive a gift from anonymous Secret Santa who has extensively stalked researched your preferences and picked out something juuussst right. (Read more here if you're unfamiliar).

The Rules & Expectations

If you sign up, you are expected to send a gift... or one of the participants will be sad and left out. Don't do this. We don't have concrete plans yet, but there may be a wall of shame. :p

Obviously, Trilt and I will need your address for this. This information will not be distributed to anyone else beyond your Secret Sant.

Suggested gift value is approximately $20; there is no limit, per se, nor are you required to spend that much - just generally try and be reasonable. :) Handmade gifts are awesome!

If you sign up and are not an SDN regular, please toss @Filly Bay and @Trilt a PM just confirming your interest. We want to be inclusionary but don't want anyone to sign up on a whim then never follow through.

The Deadlines
Please fill out the survey below to sign up by midnight on November 20th. Matches should go out within a couple days of the deadline.

We will obviously be sending out confirmatory PMs with more information, but would like gifts to be shipped by December 15th. After they are sent we would like a tracking number to pass to the recipient, or if not, at least a PM with a heads up that it was shipped. Again, more info on specifics after sign-ups but just want to set basics.

The Sign-Ups
Sign-ups are completed!
Questions? Concerns? Queries? Insults? Compliments?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Reactions: 5 users
Cat-in-a-Santa-Hat.gif

JoLRHXI.png

The Dealio
For several years, @Trilt and I have talked about running an SDN Secret Santa, and this year we're finally delivering!

For those not familiar with the idea, Secret Santa is a gift exchange where you are anonymously matched to another participant and buy them a gift. Of course, the fun part is, you also receive a gift from anonymous Secret Santa who has extensively stalked researched your preferences and picked out something juuussst right. (Read more here if you're unfamiliar).

The Rules & Expectations

If you sign up, you are expected to send a gift... or one of the participants will be sad and left out. Don't do this. We don't have concrete plans yet, but there may be a wall of shame. :p

Obviously, Trilt and I will need your address for this. This information will not be distributed to anyone else beyond your Secret Sant.

Suggested gift value is approximately $20; there is no limit, per se, nor are you required to spend that much - just generally try and be reasonable. :) Handmade gifts are awesome!

If you sign up and are not an SDN regular, please toss @Filly Bay and @Trilt a PM just confirming your interest. We want to be inclusionary but don't want anyone to sign up on a whim then never follow through.

The Deadlines
Please fill out the survey below to sign up by midnight on November 23rd. This should be easy to remember, because it's Thanksgiving. ;) Matches should go out within a couple days of the deadline.

We will obviously be sending out confirmatory PMs with more information, but would like gifts to be shipped by December 15th. After they are sent we would like a tracking number to pass to the recipient, or if not, at least a PM with a heads up that it was shipped. Again, more info on specifics after sign-ups but just want to set basics.

The Sign-Ups
Ready to go?? Remember, sign-ups are due by November 23rd. Recommend $20 gift value to be sent by December 15th. Have fun! Got those? Good.

Questions? Concerns? Queries? Insults? Compliments?
I'm all over this, just remind me to fill out the thing tomorrow when I'm more sane

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 4 users
In other internet secret santa exchanges I've done, people could opt in to be potentially paired with someone international if they wanted.

Reactions: 1 user
In other internet secret santa exchanges I've done, people could opt in to be potentially paired with someone international if they wanted.
This is absolutely unapologetically stolen from the reddit secret santa that I've done the past couple years, as are almost all the survey questions haha.

I chortled at caulk or spackle.

Debating it- knowing y’all unoriginal people it’d just be something Egg themed. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m in. :D

The nice thing about international stuff is you can order it from Amazon in that country and it ships for less annoying amounts.

Reactions: 1 users
Question for the mods- how will it stay “secret”. For instance, if I mail @SkiOtter a package, and she sees it’s from Oklahoma, it’s pretty obvious who it’s from.

@Trilt @Filly Bay
For most secret Santas I've done you reveal who it's from when you give it, it's just a secret who has your name before the gift-giving time, if that makes sense.

Reactions: 2 users
For most secret Santas I've done you reveal who it's from when you give it, it's just a secret who has your name before the gift-giving time, if that makes sense.
^
Also, if you did want to stay wholly anonymous, you could order from Amazon directly to them or something.

Reactions: 2 users
Umm can either Filly or trout check if I actually submitted it? Hahahaha I think I did but I’m not sure.

It’s been a long day...