SDN Pre-Vet Secret Santa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NSFW Gifts ok?

• Yes!

• No, thanks.

• Within reason...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Members don't see this ad :)
I definitely put the address of somewhere I work. Pretty sure my parents would kill me if I told them a parcel was coming to our house from a random internet person that I could not immediately identify. :laugh:

I dare someone to try to break into my parents house... the bickering they do with each other is loud enough and obnoxious enough that someone approaching the house is likely scared the **** off for life.

And my dad currently can't shut the **** up about all their arguments.

I definitely put the address of somewhere I work. Pretty sure my parents would kill me if I told them a parcel was coming to our house from a random internet person that I could not immediately identify. :laugh:
Reasons I'm going to put my fiancé's address. :laugh: I didn't want to put my apartment in case it doesn't get here before I go home for break 12/18.

After a resident ordered a couch off of the internet (Wayfair or something) and had it delivered to the school, we're not allowed to have packages shipped to the hospital anymore, so just don't come stalk me, okay Secret Santa?

Reactions: 5 users
After a resident ordered a couch off of the internet (Wayfair or something) and had it delivered to the school, we're not allowed to have packages shipped to the hospital anymore, so just don't come stalk me, okay Secret Santa?
why would they want the couch delivered to the school?! then they'd have to move it to their house after that

why would they want the couch delivered to the school?! then they'd have to move it to their house after that
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it might have had something to do with someone signing for it or something? Like maybe UPS or whatever wouldn't just leave it at their house? It is hard to sign for stuff with a resident's hours sometimes...luckily my apartment complex accepts our packages if we aren't home. It wasn't someone I knew well so maybe the story got embellished in the retelling between residents, but I did get the email 'reminding' us not to ship to the school.

...also we have a couch in our clin path resident office. It's a little, cheap, uncomfortable, pleather, broken two seat one that really only my dog uses...idk how long it's been there, who brought it, or under what circumstances, but yeah.

I’m in. :D

The nice thing about international stuff is you can order it from Amazon in that country and it ships for less annoying amounts.
Wait, really? Wouldn't there be an issue of trying to use say a US bank card in a Canadian Amazon?

Wait, really? Wouldn't there be an issue of trying to use say a US bank card in a Canadian Amazon?
In my experience buying in the US they will automatically switch the currency using your bank's current exchange rate.

I buy US with my Canadian card several times a year with no issues.

ETA: Just did it earlier today and it went fine. Except for the sadness of what the amount looked like after conversion :p

Reactions: 1 users

Nah... I once ordered DVDs of a show that was only available in Canada and had it shipped internationally to myself.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Reasons I'm going to put my fiancé's address. :laugh: I didn't want to put my apartment in case it doesn't get here before I go home for break 12/18.
I put my apartment’s address so I didn’t have to explain anything in/ about the box

I put my apartment’s address so I didn’t have to explain anything in/ about the box
see, my parents leave for florida before me and come home after me. though my friend and her parents are staying the night at our house before they fly down to florida tho (hopefully the box will be there before i leave and no one else will even see it but PLS TO MY SANTA DONT PUT ANYTHING SDN RELATED ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX)

see, my parents leave for florida before me and come home after me. though my friend and her parents are staying the night at our house before they fly down to florida tho (hopefully the box will be there before i leave and no one else will even see it but PLS TO MY SANTA DONT PUT ANYTHING SDN RELATED ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX)

You don't want them to write STUDENT DOCTOR NETWORK in big, bold, red letters?

Hey fam. I came back juuuust to fill this out. Now time to return to the cave that is grad school

Reactions: 3 users
I think my parents will be cool with it. As long as no one sends me anything that a good Catholic girl shouldn't have, we'll be fine. :p

Also: I've used amazon's uk site to buy books that aren't in print here. You just have to make an account, since your US one won't transfer over, but it's really easy to do. And since you'll be shipping within that country you won't pay huge rates to send it. When I sent something to Canada recently, I think it was around $20 to ship a small parcel from the USPS. I had to fill out customs stuff, which is always fun. ;)

Was the international shipping question on it last night? I can't remember if I filled that part out. I was on my phone wayyy past bedtime, whoops.

That looks like a yes to me!

I'm so excited to find out who I have. I keep coming up with ideas for people but I need to stop until names are assigned, otherwise all my creative energy will be wasted. :p

In my experience buying in the US they will automatically switch the currency using your bank's current exchange rate.

I buy US with my Canadian card several times a year with no issues.

ETA: Just did it earlier today and it went fine. Except for the sadness of what the amount looked like after conversion :p
I do the opposite for Canadian family regularly. Banks are smart and figure it out for ya.

I haven’t been terribly active lately but this sounds so fun!

If I find a secret Santa gift in my open mailbox, I’ll know exactly who it is from. :laugh:
Well, if @alohacat319 and/or @Lupin21 join, it can still stay kind of secret.

I'm slightly regretting not having a "NSFW ok/not okay" question on there haha.
Is there a way to edit survey responses? People could add it to the special notes section in the first part of the survey.

Lupin fixed it! :D
You may resume answering the poll, but beware everyone can see your answer. If you dont want to answer there just send me a message :)

How soon after the deadline are we gonna find out? IM IMPATIENT AND GETTING ANTSY

(and also Black Friday could be a good time to shop depending on who I get/what I'm doing Bc if I do happen to decide to make something, megasales at the craft stores that day...........)

How soon after the deadline are we gonna find out? IM IMPATIENT AND GETTING ANTSY

(and also Black Friday could be a good time to shop depending on who I get/what I'm doing Bc if I do happen to decide to make something, megasales at the craft stores that day...........)
Fill is visiting after Thanksgiving and the plan was to distribute at that time. If sign-ups go to a crawl and people really would like Black Friday to shop, could probably cut it a bit shorter.

Fill is visiting after Thanksgiving and the plan was to distribute at that time. If sign-ups go to a crawl and people really would like Black Friday to shop, could probably cut it a bit shorter.
I’m a crafty person, so depending on who it is, I’d like to get time to figure something out. :laugh:

is the distribution gonna be hand picked by you guys or more rng (but taking into account the international thing and such)?