Step I Second best Step 1 Qbank after Uworld?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

motiv55555

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I made the mistake of doing Uworld earlier than I should have and unfortunately feel that I'm too familiar with the questions. I was hoping the community here could recommend the best Qbank for Step 1 apart from Uworld? Thanks in advance!
 
Do as many NBMEs as you can. If you're still some way from the exam, you can leave 16 and up for the last month. Start from 15 and work your way backwards.

I tried Kaplan after having done UW and having a good grasp of it as well as FA and found it to be useless.
 
Do as many NBMEs as you can. If you're still some way from the exam, you can leave 16 and up for the last month. Start from 15 and work your way backwards.

I tried Kaplan after having done UW and having a good grasp of it as well as FA and found it to be useless.

Pondering whether to do Kaplan rn, why would you say its useless?
 
Well I did it after having already gone through UW 1.5 times and revised its notes, as well as having a good grasp of FA. I also went through it subject wise, starting with what people generally call its stronger areas. So I ended up doing gross + neuroanatomy, biostats, behavioral sceinces, and cell biology (the plan was to go through all biochemistry/genetics related stuff). But, relative to UW, and given the stage of my prep, I found it too simple. All the questions about lesions in anatomy, eg, felt very simple and straightforward. The questions I did get wrong were about stuff I'd never read anywhere and couldn't be solved by the use of my conceptual knowledge either.

Thats my opinion anyway. I think you can try Kaplan for specific areas that you're deficient in. I personally didn't think it was helping me.

If you're pre-UW, and some distance from your exam, then it might be a very good choice, though you'd have to compare it against Rx I guess.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My issue is I'm 7 weeks out having done 1.7x UW (65% 2nd pass). Trying to figure out if a 3rd pass of UW is the smart choice or Kaplan then redoing UW incorrects.
 
I think you could leave redoing UW incorrects/marked for the last 2-3 weeks. Meanwhile you could try Kaplan. If you don't find it useful you always have the NBMEs as well as multiple versions of the old 120s/150s. Your experience might not necessarily mirror mine.

I'm almost certain a 3rd full pass of UW won't be helpful. You'll recognize too many questions for it to be so.