Second Deposit Sent.. Late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confused1617

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I don't know why I sometimes behave like an idiot but I sent my second deposit (cashier check) to my school via standard mail on Wednesday and it is due this Tuesday. I was going to send it via first class mail, but the post office doesn't open until 9:30 and I had to go to work....

Now Im paranoid it :

a) gets lost in mail
b)arrives late

I sent the admissions office an email that I sent it and they said ok they will send me an confirmation email a day after the deadline since they won't be available until a day after. In the email, I attached a photo of the receipt of the cashiers check from the bank.

Should I send them another cashier's check via express mail, or just chill since it will arrive on time?
Idk but I am freaking out because I should have just been late to work and sent it via express mail.

this is from IL to PA

Members don't see this ad.

postal mailing through different states may take more than 3 days. I suggest you should call them to ask if you can overnight the check to them through fed ex since the check you mailed (on time but wont be postmarked on time).

then just overnight the check to them. You didnt use fed ex?

postal mailing through different states may take more than 3 days. I suggest you should call them to ask if you can overnight the check to them through fed ex since the check you mailed (on time but wont be postmarked on time).

then just overnight the check to them. You didnt use fed ex?
I sent it through the post office. I dropped it off and they said they ship it the same day since I dropped it off at 8 am (they have pick up times). So you think the check is still at the post office? I thought it would be on its way...

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent it through the post office. I dropped it off and they said they ship it the same day since I dropped it off at 8 am (they have pick up times). So you think the check is still at the post office? I thought it would be on its way...

just ask the office if you can over night another check.

idk how standard postal mailing works to be honest, but pretty sure they have to go through sorting center and take at least 2-3 days (for in state). last time i postal mail my check to nevada (right next to CA), it took 5 days.

just ask the office if you can over night another check.

idk how standard postal mailing works to be honest, but pretty sure they have to go through sorting center and take at least 2-3 days (for in state). last time i postal mail my check to nevada (right next to CA), it took 5 days.
Ok, its because its a cashiers check so they withdraw the money (1000) when they make it at the bank. I guess ill send another one.
Thanks

You should be fine. The admissions office already knows and mail can be delayed all of the time. When they see it, they will see that it was post marked before the deadline.

they will see that it was post marked before the deadline.
1RD6oHN

If you're talking about Pittsburgh deposit, I sent mine on Thursday and they said it should be there by Saturday. (TX to PA). Don't worry, as long as your cashier's check date is before the deadline , then you should be okay.

If you're talking about Pittsburgh deposit, I sent mine on Thursday and they said it should be there by Saturday. (TX to PA). Don't worry, as long as your cashier's check date is before the deadline , then you should be okay.
You sent it via standard mail?

I sent it via postal service, but at their slowest speed. I don't feel large amounts of money should be sent through standard mail... at least not in the area I live in.

Um, forgive me if this is a silly question, but what is the difference? Standard (I assume you mean First-Class) mail is via postal service (USPS)... and is usually the slowest option...

Do you mean you sent it through the United Parcel Service (UPS)? Or the United States Postal Service (USPS)?