Secondaries 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

universalfish

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My AMCAS was verified two weeks ago but still no secondaries, when do they get sent out? And do they come to my email or do I have to check the AAMC website? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My AMCAS was verified two weeks ago but still no secondaries, when do they get sent out? And do they come to my email or do I have to check the AAMC website? Thanks!

AMCAS will start transmitting primaries to schools this Friday. So the earliest you get your secondaries is next week. Hold tight and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Do some basic research OP.
Hopefully @gonnif doesn't see this too...

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools get your contact info from the moment you submit AMCAS and will send secondaries prior to primary transmission. But that is school specific
Do you have a list or some examples of those schools by any chance?

*sigh*
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out secondaries or IIs merely in chronological order.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic.

V

I’m glad you asked. I dont but I assume that everyone applying to medical school has their own spreadsheet with the specifics of all they schools they are planning to apply. This of course would have been prior to opening of AMCAS when you spent months researching each school and planning.

Sorry for picking on you just venting in general. This is a pet peeve of mine with applicants.
Np, thank you for clarifying. This info is new to me, as I used to believe that schools only send out secondaries after verified primary. The reason I asked if a list of those schools are available is so I can prioritize writing for these schools. When I searched for specific schools, I don't recall any school explicitly saying that hey will send secondaries before verified primary. They usually say "secondary applications are sent to all verified applicants."

Anyway, thanks for bringing this up. It's good to know some schools will allow me to submit secs during the anxious waiting period

AMCAS will start transmitting primaries to schools this Friday. So the earliest you get your secondaries is next week. Hold tight and good luck!

Apparently AMCAS transmitted my verified primary early this morning. I just received my 1st secondary prompt from Michigan. Good luck everyone!

I've recieved 4 secondaries and submitted them within the first few days, MSUCOM,CCOM,Drexel and MSUCHM. Now hopefully waiting for an interview or rejection lol. I was wondering if anyone else has received an interview yet from any of the above schools or any other ones?

V

I’m glad you asked. I dont but I assume that everyone applying to medical school has their own spreadsheet with the specifics of all they schools they are planning to apply. This of course would have been prior to opening of AMCAS when you spent months researching each school and planning.

Sorry for picking on you just venting in general. This is a pet peeve of mine with applicants.
Does it make me a super-nerd that I actually DO have a spreadsheet for my potential schools, complete with tuition costs, avg MCAT scores and GPA, cost of living in the area, unemployment rate (for my husband), crime rate, property costs, etc?

Does it make me a super-nerd that I actually DO have a spreadsheet for my potential schools, complete with tuition costs, avg MCAT scores and GPA, cost of living in the area, unemployment rate (for my husband), crime rate, property costs, etc?

I have a spreadsheet like that minus the cost of living, unemployment rate, crime rate, property cost. But I do have their 10th percentile MCAT, interview style, when they start sending II, their OOS acceptance rate, # LOR required, and possible screening process. am I a nerd? I'd say nah LOL
I think it's great that you have all that into consideration!! :)