Secondaries - Adversity/Challenge Essay topic advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freddy1998

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I like both of these. Either could fit the prompts but you really need to see the prompt and respond to it specifically rather than prepare a single "adversity" essay and plug it into each secondary.

I like both of these. Either could fit the prompts but you really need to see the prompt and respond to it specifically rather than prepare a single "adversity" essay and plug it into each secondary.

Yeah I understand. I was planning to still respond individually to each prompt, but was trying to decide which topic was a better starting grounds. Thanks for the feedback!

Both are good. The first should focus on your frustration and your attempts to change the things you can and the ability to accept what you can't change (your father's behavior). How do you cope with frustration? What resources or supports do you have to help you?

How did you assess and overcome the challenges that you faced as a freshman? Pretty basic essay but nice to highlight your first gen street cred.

Reactions: 1 user