Quantcast
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Has anybody received secondary applications yet? I have applied to 30+ schools and I worry that I am going to receive all secondaries at once and not be able to complete them all. Does anybody know the earliest possible day that people have received them in the past? Does anybody know how soon secondary applications are due once they have been received? I have been looking on websites to see secondaries from the past, but there is no garuntee that they will stay the same.

aldol16

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mosey on to the school-specific forums on here and you can see people posting when the secondaries are released. The secondary prompts generally stay largely the same - especially the ones that ask you about whether you're disadvantaged, a challenge you've faced, etc. You should start working on those essays. Some will trickle in very soon and then the floodgates will open in July (if you've applied to many schools). Interviews will start trickling in in July as well and the flood begins in August.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rule 1: Take a Breath

Has anybody received secondary applications yet?
Some people have started to get them
I have applied to 30+ schools and I worry that I am going to receive all secondaries at once and not be able to complete them all.
Why did you apply to 30 schools without a plan/strategy/idea how to do 30+ secondaries?
Secondaries are often generally similar in themes and content, so after the first 3 or so, you should have at least a rough idea how to deal with most questions on subsequent one
Does anybody know the earliest possible day that people have received them in the past?
a few days after submission, but most do not start until after transmission
Does anybody know how soon secondary applications are due once they have been received?
Some secondaries will have a return by date or time limit. However, these are primarily done for the schools to try to plan the workflow of all the applications coming in. There are these myths of getting in back in 2 days, 2 weeks-3 weeks is reasonable. You dont get accepted for getting it back quick, you get accepted for sending in a well written one.
I have been looking on websites to see secondaries from the past, but there is no garuntee that they will stay the same.
They usually do but even so, themes, content stays similar

Lamegane

Reaction score
Has anybody received secondary applications yet? I have applied to 30+ schools and I worry that I am going to receive all secondaries at once and not be able to complete them all. Does anybody know the earliest possible day that people have received them in the past? Does anybody know how soon secondary applications are due once they have been received? I have been looking on websites to see secondaries from the past, but there is no garuntee that they will stay the same.
Yes. I started receiving secondaries applications however my amcas has not yet been processed. Usually it takes a week after processing to start receiving secondaries. The deadline for secondaries depends from school to school however it's mainly between the end of October till the end of February.

turnipcake94

Reaction score
For reference, I applied to 31 schools and received 17 secondaries so far. I submitted AMCAS on June 2nd.
Some schools screen so it takes a while longer to receive them, whereas those that don't will send you a secondary in order of receipt.

In terms of strategy for tackling a ton of secondaries at a time, I've been creating a staggered schedule where I try to finish 5-6 a week, prioritizing them by the schools I want to go to.