Secondary for Duke?

Started by DoubleU
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait, so where is that from? Is this the one we think is bogus? Or did you actually receive the email?

EDIT:
Or not. Still reads "The Duke Secondary Application is undergoing additional revisions recommended by the School of Medicine Executive Committee. The technical development team expects to have the revisions completed shortly. Applicants with completed AMCAS applications will receive an email verifying receipt of their AMCAS application and an invitation to begin and complete the Duke Secondary Application. Thank you for your patience."

Wait, what are you talking about?? The email I posted I received on the 30th, a day after they sent the technical difficulties one. Some kind of detective work, I'm getting ready to submit my app as I'm typing this....Anywho, I guess theres really no use in arguing and maybe I wouldnt believe me either if I were you, who knows. I'm sure you'll see the same email in a couple of days and then you can see for yourself. Good luck with the wait...
 
are there any duke applicants who haven't gotten an email/haven't started the secondary yet? am i the only one still waiting for this email?
 
are there any duke applicants who haven't gotten an email/haven't started the secondary yet? am i the only one still waiting for this email?

i haven't started the secondary...still waiting for the invitation email. i got the original "our secondary will be available shortly" email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are there any duke applicants who haven't gotten an email/haven't started the secondary yet? am i the only one still waiting for this email?

There's one or two people on the board who claim to have received the invite to complete the secondary. I believe everyone else is still waiting on the email - or at least I am.
 
There's one or two people on the board who claim to have received the invite to complete the secondary. I believe everyone else is still waiting on the email - or at least I am.

I got an e-mail just this morning telling me that I could log into their system.
I haven't done it yet, though, to see whether the secondary's available to be filled out or not. I'll have to tackle it this weekend.
 
They must be sending it out in batches...that's the only thing that would make sense if some of us have received it and some haven't (since they don't screen).
 
They must be sending it out in batches...that's the only thing that would make sense if some of us have received it and some haven't (since they don't screen).

Maybe they're doing it by when your AMCAS was verified? Mine was 8/18 or so, and I haven't gotten a single email from them.
 
bump.

i still haven't received a secondary. anybody in the same boat? maybe they are screening this year?
 
bump.

i still haven't received a secondary. anybody in the same boat? maybe they are screening this year?
I really don't think they're screening, b/c if they were, I probably wouldn't have received one. But definitely call or send them an email if you are concerned.
 
I really don't think they're screening, b/c if they were, I probably wouldn't have received one. But definitely call or send them an email if you are concerned.

"Applications are received by AMCAS from June 15 to November 15. After receiving the application materials from AMCAS, our Admissions Office will review the materials. If your credentials qualify, we will notify you to fill out an on-line supplemental application, which should be returned to us within two weeks (no later than December 1)."

http://www.dukemed.duke.edu/AdmissionsFinancialAid/index.cfm?method=HowToApply

Are they screening this year or is their office just incompetent when it comes to these invites?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bump.

i still haven't received a secondary. anybody in the same boat? maybe they are screening this year?

I'm right there with you. I have no idea what is going on. The only reason I am not bothering them about it is that I am really busy with other things right now...the longer I HAVE TO delay completion of that secondary, the better.
 
The first email said this: As a reminder, all applicants with AMCAS verified applications receive the Duke Secondary Application. We do not screen your application until you have completed and submitted our secondary application.


The second: While not required, we recommended that you complete and submit the Supplemental Application at least four weeks before the Supplemental Application deadline. This will give the Screening Committee a manageable window of time to review your application to determine if an interview is appropriate.


Hope that helps.
 
I just want to say that I got a laugh when I entered one of my secondary essays. The confirmation statement I got from the webstie was "Your long essay has been saved!"
 
Where THE **** IS THE DUKE SECONDARY??????????

...its almost October...I think Duke is just lazy...