Secondary Questions: Plans for this year

Started by ttt92
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ttt92

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask about the common secondary question: If you are taking a gap year(s), explain your plans for the plan. I am applying this cycle and am taking 2 gap years. I spent my first gap year doing an AmeriCorps program, and my end date won't be until mid-August. I've been applying to jobs for my second gap year, but jobs I interviewed at were looking for someone ASAP. Hence, I decided it might be more reasonable to wait until late July/August to do the job search once I finish my current job.

My app will get verified by early July, which means I'll be doing secondaries in July/August. What if I don't know what my plans are for next year because I don't have a job lined up yet? Will this hurt me? It's also sooo hard to find a job in this market, especially because it's only a gap year job 🙁 This has been stressing me out a bit. What will I write in my secondaries for those schools?

Thanks!
 
I was in this position last year and I just described any activities I planned to continue throughout the year and what kinds of jobs I was applying to (but be realistic)