This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

estudiantedante

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would like insight into choosing between two clinical research coordinator positions for:

1. CRC at Nursing School
  • Study participants are all Spanish speaking patients of lower socioeconomic demographic who I will be working with directly
  • the study itself fits my narrative as a Spanish-speaking individual and prior experience working with lower socioeconomic Spanish-speaking patients in the US.
  • Slightly better pay
  • study not affiliated with med school
2. CRC at Medical School
  • COVID-related global study - a similar amount of direct patient interaction, but broader participant demographic so not just focused on the Spanish speaking population.
  • the study also fits my narrative, but not specifically to working with Spanish-speaking patients. Rather, working with globally dispersed teams where I will leverage speaking Spanish i.e. communicating and coordinating with other health professionals and teams based in Spanish-speaking countries, and with patients on an as-needed basis.
  • slightly less pay
  • study directly affiliated with med school

A little bit about me (if this helps):

I'm a non-traditional student that has extensive clinical experience (i.e. medical assisting and other clinical roles) as well as non-medical professional experience. Having just finished a gpa-repair post-bacc at a prestigious school where I earned a 3.76 in my last 32 credits - had a 3.1 in undergrad - I will be working full-time this next year while I study for the MCAT and eventually apply to medical schools come May 2021. Fortunately, I was offered these two different positions listed above at the same school where I completed my post-bacc.

Any insights or concerns with regard to choosing one over the other would be much appreciated!