Self Assessment credits for license renewal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredo32

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's my first time renewing my license and in Michigan we have to do 50 self assessment credits. Do the credits from Pri-Med and GMEmeded.com where you watch a video and answer x amount of questions right count as self assessment questions?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

It's my first time renewing my license and in Michigan we have to do 50 self assessment credits. Do the credits from Pri-Med and GMEmeded.com where you watch a video and answer x amount of questions right count as self assessment questions?
Thanks.

Do you have a link? This link does not indicate any required self assessment credits: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/LARA_Medicine_CE_Brochure_5-11_376428_7.pdf

If you need SA credits for internal medicine board cert requirements, medscape does offer these for free. But this is a special type of CME, and it should be clearly indicated that the activity meets ABIM requirements (or the requirements of your specialty board for SA)

just realized you are an osteopath.

here is the link for osteopaths: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/LARA_Osteopathic_CE_Brochure_4-11_376433_7.pdf

I don't see anything about self assessment credits, but it does look like you need at least 40/150 CME in a 3 year period to be approved by an osteopathic organization
I graduated from an M.D. program and I'm not BC. Hopefully the AOA approved 40/150. I had no idea they were separate. I took the MD Board exam for psych but I'm supposed to follow the DO site for licensing? How do I know if they are approved by an osteopthic organization? 51 came from beat the boards review 40some came from an in person lecture neurology for psych 14 from a gmemeded.com course and the rest primed gmemeded.com online for self assessment. I procrastinate. I have 20 left to do and I need them done tomorrow.

When you say you graduated from an MD program, do you mean an allopathic medical school and you have an MD, or that you went to an ACGME residency as a DO graduate?

If the former, then the osteopath licensing stuff doesn't matter to you. If the latter (a DO who went to an ACGME residency), then you have to follow the rules of your licensing board, which in MI, is a DO-specific board.

Reactions: 2 users