Self Study - Online - Classroom PCAT

Started by david05
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

david05

PharmD/MBA
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to take PCAT this summer. I'm looking around to prepare for the Test. I saw Kaplan having 3 options:

Buy Book ~ $60 usd
Online Course ~ $1,299
Class room ~ 1,399

I don't know what options I should choose. I really want to buy book ($60) to study because it's cheap. But I worry about the materials and other helps.

Please give me some advices what should I do.
 
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to take PCAT this summer. I'm looking around to prepare for the Test. I saw Kaplan having 3 options:

Buy Book ~ $60 usd
Online Course ~ $1,299
Class room ~ 1,399

I don't know what options I should choose. I really want to buy book ($60) to study because it's cheap. But I worry about the materials and other helps.

Please give me some advices what should I do.

Moving to appropriate forum...

~above~
 
hey... If I were you I would not spend the money for the kaplan class. I didn't take it myself but have heard people say its a waste of money. Assuming you've been going to college for a while you should be pretty good at studying from a book. I bombed it my first time but went through every page of the bio and chem section and ended up doing pretty well. What the book doesn't do well is cover ochem and calc. I'd bring in some other books to review those parts and you'll do fine
 
Thank you, trailrider400, for your advice. I could study well from the book, but the prices they offer make me worry about the quality.

Is there anybody who has experiences about Kaplan or taking PCAT?

What source of materials, programs or books do you study?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah i was thinking of selling mine but they are way cheap on amazon right now... and I don't think the new edition is out yet and even if it is the older version would prolly work just fine...
 
Yeah Kaplan is worthless. Pcat destroyer and Dr Collins are good for practising under timed conditions but to learn the material the best option is to study hard for your pre reqs. Good luck on your journey
 
I would recommend the course only if you're incapable of studying yourself. The course is pretty expensive and for less than that price, you can buy tons of other study material and still have a huge amount of change left over. 😛