"Sell out" MDs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Big difference between thinking there may be something to homeopathy even if we don't understand it, and actively encouraging patients to spend their money on it (whether because the patient brought it up or the doctor.) Similarly, there is a big difference between having a private belief in god/religion, and actively telling your patients to go to church and tithe and pray in order to get well. Equating a private belief in religion that is kept out of your practice with promoting homeopathy in your practice is absurd.

This is what I was trying to say.
Good one :)

Also, as far as selling out being "your life," you have to keep in mind that any profession, not just in health care, can be judged upon the negative actions of the few. Not all lawyers are ambulance chasers, for instance.

To me, it seems like in a profession like medicine that's getting to be so much a part of life, that we have to keep it respectable at least.

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Laura's height growth hypnosis scam...

Members don't see this ad :)
most of the people in this thread aren't really sell outs, they are wise entrepreneurs who took advantage of a market niche and sold up.

I dont see how that makes them not sellouts. The definition of sellout is not "a person who all other people use negative connotations when speaking about".... different words, same meaning