This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aytenadyej

Reaction score
I'm currently a third year (junior) and am applying into the 2020 application cycle. Some of the schools i'm interested in have certain required classes that, because of conflicts with my major-specific courses, I can't take until the spring semester of my senior year. Is this okay to do? They're recommended courses (anatomy and microbiology) for most schools, but required for some.

Thanks for your responses!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently a third year (junior) and am applying into the 2020 application cycle. Some of the schools i'm interested in have certain required classes that, because of conflicts with my major-specific courses, I can't take until the spring semester of my senior year. Is this okay to do? They're recommended courses (anatomy and microbiology) for most schools, but required for some.

Thanks for your responses!
For most schools (with very few exceptions), you merely need to complete prerequisite courses before matriculation. For certain courses required by only very few schools, it is common for applicants to wait to see if they get accepted at a school that requires those courses before taking them. That is perfectly understandable. However, here is the catch: if you get wait listed, then get the call asking if you would like to take an open seat, you better be able to have the course completed by their deadline. If that call comes in the middle the last semester you could have taken the course, you are out of luck.

Reactions: 1 user
I only know of one school that requires you to complete all required coursework before submitting your application, which is Stony Brook. I highly suggest getting an ADA guide, it will be immensely helpful for a lot of questions that you can think of.

Reactions: 1 user