You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
serious problem with doctor's wife
Started by brianbellau
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Listen closely and answer this very carefully:
Is she hot?
Is she hot?
Well if she's in her mid-20s, then she's a gold digger. In which case I say go for it -- but only AFTER you have the LOR and med school acceptance in hand. If a mid-40s man is dumb enough to marry a mid-20s girl, he's got it coming to him. It's not like you're going to marry her or anything. You can consider her a reward for your hard work getting into med school, an entitlement of sorts. 🙂
Completely concur, dude is asking for it by marrying a girl nearly half his age
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
or who knows, maybe he's already gotten her to sign a prenup and has mistresses 1 2 and 3 lined up?Completely concur, dude is asking for it by marrying a girl nearly half his age
DO NOT STUDY WITH HER! Be straight up and just say you think it's a conflict of interest or something because you want the letter from her husband. Don't tell her it's because you think she's feeling you. Stay away from this mess. And if you feel uncomfortable with the hugs and goodbye kisses just be stiff and don't lean in she might get the point
D
deleted407021
Ah yes. I remember that thread. Well, it seems that the OP knows exactly how to deal with this situation.She's probably just into your bad boy past, OP
Maybe they have an open relationship. The only way to confirm is to ask the husband next time you shadow him.
"Hey doc, its cool if I throw it in your wife next time we're 'studying', right?"
.DO NOT STUDY WITH HER! Be straight up and just say you think it's a conflict of interest or something because you want the letter from her husband. Don't tell her it's because you think she's feeling you. Stay away from this mess. And if you feel uncomfortable with the hugs and goodbye kisses [bold] just be stiff and don't lean in she might get the point[/bold]
She's probably just into your bad boy past, OP
As if obvious troll could be any more obvious. This thread just became a lot less fun though.
100% this. Get as far away from this woman as possible. Find another doctor to shadow. Do NOT be alone with this woman.
Hmmm...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Don't reciprocate.
Don't bring it up with him.
Women who behave this way are often prepared to turn around and tell their husbands that you assaulted her, if you call her out on her advances. She may be dangerous in that regard. Obviously that could cause trouble.
Don't make a fuss over it. Be cool and don't give her any indication that you are either interested in or opposed to what she is doing. Maybe she will get bored and back off without trying to seek vengeance.
Good luck, mate. You'll need it.
And if you feel uncomfortable with the hugs and goodbye kisses just be stiff and don't lean in she might get the point
Please tell me you worded it this way intentionally.
Take it upon yourself to find the doctor a wife that doesn't come on to other men so easily and/or isn't a likely gold-digger. The doc will be happier and will write an amazing letter of rec about how you were such a positive influence on his life.
THEN tap that.
THEN tap that.
Please tell me you worded it this way intentionally.
LOL. oops I didn't even notice that
I don't see why people think he needs to put an active effort into trying to preserve somebody else's marriage. It is not his responsibility to keep the wife in check. He didn't make any promises/vows etc. I understand not wanting to be a part of a sticky situation but he is under no obligation to act like a tool just to signal his disinterest. It I am a doc in this situation I would expect someone who is my friend in this situation to come and tell me about this if it's happening but i would assign zero blame to a random acquaintance if my wife is to cheat with him. It's 100% her fault. She is the one who is supposed to be loyal and it is fully her decision as long as the relationship is consensual.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh awesome, I was running out of ambergris.
plot twist!!Maybe she thinks you're gay, and is thus acting like that.
Yes, because being directly responsible for ending your PCP's marriage sounds like a great idea. There's more at stake here than just some doc and his gold digger wife's marriage.I don't see why people think he needs to put an active effort into trying to preserve somebody else's marriage. It is not his responsibility to keep the wife in check. He didn't make any promises/vows etc. I understand not wanting to be a part of a sticky situation but he is under no obligation to act like a tool just to signal his disinterest. It I am a doc in this situation I would expect someone who is my friend in this situation to come and tell me about this if it's happening but i would assign zero blame to a random acquaintance if my wife is to cheat with him. It's 100% her fault. She is the one who is supposed to be loyal and it is fully her decision as long as the relationship is consensual.
Do not sleep with her. Have you never seen a movie ever? The risk is too high that he'd murder you IMHO. Source: movies
As an avid movie watcher I can confirm.
This is not a problem, it is an opportunity.
Don't think of it as losing a PCP. Think of it as gaining an eskimo brother.
That's exactly what I thought@TheBatman, is that you again?
How is HE responsible? Their marriage is not his responsibility.Yes, because being directly responsible for ending your PCP's marriage sounds like a great idea. There's more at stake here than just some doc and his gold digger wife's marriage.
Silver (or should I say pink) liningDon't think of it as losing a PCP. Think of it as gaining an eskimo brother.
The bond that can't be broken.Don't think of it as losing a PCP. Think of it as gaining an eskimo brother.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It would be funny if the doctor was in it waiting for the OP to make a mistake, lol I watch too many damn movies.
. And if you feel uncomfortable with the hugs and goodbye kisses just be stiff and don't lean in she might get the point
I'm deadPlease tell me you worded it this way intentionally.
Well if she's in her mid-20s, then she's a gold digger. In which case I say go for it -- but only AFTER you have the LOR and med school acceptance in hand. If a mid-40s man is dumb enough to marry a mid-20s girl, he's got it coming to him. It's not like you're going to marry her or anything. You can consider her a reward for your hard work getting into med school, an entitlement of sorts. 🙂
This is a horrible idea for several reasons.
1.) Many jurisdictions will still recognize the underlying common law tort, potentially opening you up to civil liability.
2.) Several people have been murdered or severely injured for a lot less.
Whatever you do, do not be alone with her. She could easily make up allegations against you if you reject her advances and make you look like a sexual predator, and yes it does happen (I worked in legal research/brief writing for a law firm for several years, so I do know that it happens). You already said you would study with her, so I agree with the others that you should study with her in the library and make sure to bring some friends along (female friends especially). Stop shadowing the physician and move on quickly.
I don't see why people think he needs to put an active effort into trying to preserve somebody else's marriage. It is not his responsibility to keep the wife in check. He didn't make any promises/vows etc. I understand not wanting to be a part of a sticky situation but he is under no obligation to act like a tool just to signal his disinterest. It I am a doc in this situation I would expect someone who is my friend in this situation to come and tell me about this if it's happening but i would assign zero blame to a random acquaintance if my wife is to cheat with him. It's 100% her fault. She is the one who is supposed to be loyal and it is fully her decision as long as the relationship is consensual.
Yeah but I think the OP really wants the letter and he doesn't want to mess that up.
This could very well be a trap. The wife is most likely a gunner that's trying to get you a poor LOR while using her marriage as collateral damage.
Wife of MD hitting on and stalking the pre-med who has been shadowing her husband..? Lmao cool story bro. Thats like the owners wife of a restaurant making moves on the dishwasher. Haha not that I have anything against dishwashers (I was one once). But lets get real--I seriously doubt this is true. And if it is I guess good for you. This thread kinda reminds me of the person who posted about female professors liking him though…zzzz
I've always that it's dumb to get mad at the dude that you don't even know who banged your wife instead of blaming it all on your wife since she's the one who made a commitment to you. But while he's not responsible for their marriage, he still needs to act like a damn professional and you know... not sleep with the wife of this guy that's mentoring him. You won't get far in your career if you try to sleep with the spouses of all your colleagues and then just say "I never said no vows!"How is HE responsible? Their marriage is not his responsibility.
It's not like this is a random, no-name person to him. He needs a favor from the husband (LOR), so I'm pretty sure not helping to mess up the guy's life is probably just a good call. Irrational or not, it will most likely color the letter in a not so favorable way.
That said, obviously none of this is real, so it's all kind of irrelevant...
How is HE responsible? Their marriage is not his responsibility.
in this situation, since he knows she is married (or any situation where the guy knows the woman is married), the marriage is not his responsibility but he'd still be a shi**y person for starting something with a married woman IMO.
I don't see why people think he needs to put an active effort into trying to preserve somebody else's marriage. It is not his responsibility to keep the wife in check. He didn't make any promises/vows etc. I understand not wanting to be a part of a sticky situation but he is under no obligation to act like a tool just to signal his disinterest. It I am a doc in this situation I would expect someone who is my friend in this situation to come and tell me about this if it's happening but i would assign zero blame to a random acquaintance if my wife is to cheat with him. It's 100% her fault. She is the one who is supposed to be loyal and it is fully her decision as long as the relationship is consensual.
Is this really the kind of person you are? There's a term for women who do this: homewrecker. Yes, it's archaic and misogynistic. But the underlying sentiment is valid and works for both sexes. When two people get married, they enter into a social contract, not just with each other, but with society at large. They agree to be monogamous (in the vast majority of cases) and society agrees to support their union. As a decent person, you should resist having sexual relations with married people quite simply because that's what decent people do. Don't be a homewrecker.
I like where this thread is going
This too. It might not really be your "fault" but you're still not a good guy, and I wouldn't blame him for giving you a poor recommendation based on your poor character.in this situation, since he knows she is married (or any situation where the guy knows the woman is married), the marriage is not his responsibility but he'd still be a shi**y person for starting something with a married woman IMO.
This too. It might not really be your "fault" but you're still not a good guy, and I wouldn't blame him for giving you a poor recommendation based on your poor character.
let's be real, if the doctor found out, regardless of whether OP reciprocated, there may not even be an LOR
This thread reminded me of this joke:I like where this thread is going
"Doc, I think my son has gonorrhea," a patient told his urologist over the phone: "He got it from screwing our maid."
"OK, don't be too hard on him," the doctor soothed: "he's just a kid. Get him in here right away and I'll take care of him."
"But, Doc, I've been screwing the maid too and I have the same symptoms!"
"Then you come in with him and I'll fix you both up," replied the doctor.
"Well," the man admitted: "I think my wife now has it too."
"Son of a bitch!" the physician roared: "That means we all have it!"
4
487806
This thread reminded me of this joke:
"Doc, I think my son has gonorrhea," a patient told his urologist over the phone: "He got it from screwing our maid."
"OK, don't be too hard on him," the doctor soothed: "he's just a kid. Get him in here right away and I'll take care of him."
"But, Doc, I've been screwing the maid too and I have the same symptoms!"
"Then you come in with him and I'll fix you both up," replied the doctor.
"Well," the man admitted: "I think my wife now has it too."
"Son of a bitch!" the physician roared: "That means we all have it!"
That's classic. Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Assuming you're not trolling don't ask anyone here that question. 99% of the posters on here have a superiority complex because of their social shortcomings (not good with women). So they'll try to do whatever they can to make you feel insecure or ever just blatantly incompetent. My advice is smash and dash you have no other choice. Who am I kidding you're a troll so troll away.
TheBatman
TheBatman
Assuming you're not trolling don't ask anyone here that question. 99% of the posters on here have a superiority complex because of their social shortcomings (not good with women). So they'll try to do whatever they can to make you feel insecure or rather just blatantly incompetent. My advice is smash and dash you have no other choice.
TheBatman
yeahhhh if you want to put your future in jeopardy, this is a great plan.
Lets not forget, the wife goes to the same UG as OP. It could take one phone call from that doctor to the pre-health committee to really solidify his fate
D
deleted407021
99% of the posters on here have a superiority complex because of their social shortcomings (not good with women).
Says the twonk who's convinced all his female professors are hot for him.
Assuming you're not trolling don't ask anyone here that question. 99% of the posters on here have a superiority complex because of their social shortcomings (not good with women). So they'll try to do whatever they can to make you feel insecure or ever just blatantly incompetent. My advice is smash and dash you have no other choice. Who am I kidding you're a troll so troll away.
TheBatman
Or, and bear with me here, people on here just don't like you because you're an extreme narcissist who is obsessed with himself. The way you see things is that everyone who disagrees with you is miserable and has no idea how to make their teachers quiver with one smile (thankfully you're not deficient in that area it seems). Only a sith deals in absolutes, bro.
This thread reminded me of this joke:
"Doc, I think my son has gonorrhea," a patient told his urologist over the phone: "He got it from screwing our maid."
"OK, don't be too hard on him," the doctor soothed: "he's just a kid. Get him in here right away and I'll take care of him."
"But, Doc, I've been screwing the maid too and I have the same symptoms!"
"Then you come in with him and I'll fix you both up," replied the doctor.
"Well," the man admitted: "I think my wife now has it too."
"Son of a bitch!" the physician roared: "That means we all have it!"
Omg I lol'd.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K