serious problem with doctor's wife

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Assuming you're not trolling don't ask anyone here that question. 99% of the posters on here have a superiority complex because of their social shortcomings (not good with women). So they'll try to do whatever they can to make you feel insecure or ever just blatantly incompetent. My advice is smash and dash you have no other choice. Who am I kidding you're a troll so troll away.



TheBatman

I want the Batman to explain how one has a superiority complex from being bad with women.

"blatantly incompetent" ? Incompetent at what exactly?
Blatant = in an unsubtle and unashamed manner
Very strange word-smithing there...


How could the OP possibly have no choice but to "smash and dash"? In what world is that a real scenario?

Batman, you're struggling, bro.
And you seem to be doing the semi-grown up equivalent of "I'm rubber your glue, whatever you say sticks back on you", except you believe it. Right, people don't like you because they are actually guilty of the character flaw that you exhibit. "I'm not a narcissist, you people don't like me because you think you're better than everyone else" Brilliant.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this really the kind of person you are? There's a term for women who do this: homewrecker. Yes, it's archaic and misogynistic. But the underlying sentiment is valid and works for both sexes. When two people get married, they enter into a social contract, not just with each other, but with society at large. They agree to be monogamous (in the vast majority of cases) and society agrees to support their union. As a decent person, you should resist having sexual relations with married people quite simply because that's what decent people do. Don't be a homewrecker.
This actually is my point. The idea of homewrecker, even though it works for both sexes, is usually applied to women. It is misogynistic and archaic no matter how valid the sentiment underneath it is. I honestly believe that the blame quite often is simply misplaced from the offending party onto the "co-conspirators" as it feeds the misogynistic tales many people subscribe to. I am not saying sleeping with married people is good thing or perfectly normal, but it is nowhere near the level of blame the person who actually cheated deserves, IMO. I also find guys who try to hit on married women to be pathetic but this is not the case here. She is the initiator, he is just a passive dude not pushing in any way at all, at least according to the story. I understand that people should act decent in the society but when it comes to someone else being more responsible blaming others for being indecent rather than focusing on the guilty party is just making another excuse, IMO.

Yes I do agree with some other posters that if this guy means a lot to the OP, I would personally come into his office and tell him whats been going on. I would do this for anybody. Now, if he doesn't quite care about the guy (which he does seem to indicate being obsessed with LoR and how old this guy is) then maybe their relationship means nothing at all to the OP. Although I do see a problem here since the doc is doing him a favor. Regardless, my comment was probably more general and not particularly suitable for this case.

Honestly, the way I process this case is I put myself in a place of a doctor. Would I be mad at the OP? Sure. He did take advantage of the opportunity I gave him and then instead of bringing it to my attention, did my wife behind my back. Would I even consider his level of guilt anywhere near my wife's? Hell no. To me it would honestly be irrelevant how, why, or with whom she cheated on me. The point is that she did the betray me. I would look at everything else as just excuses trying to deflect her blame.
 
I've always that it's dumb to get mad at the dude that you don't even know who banged your wife instead of blaming it all on your wife since she's the one who made a commitment to you. But while he's not responsible for their marriage, he still needs to act like a damn professional and you know... not sleep with the wife of this guy that's mentoring him. You won't get far in your career if you try to sleep with the spouses of all your colleagues and then just say "I never said no vows!"
It's not like this is a random, no-name person to him. He needs a favor from the husband (LOR), so I'm pretty sure not helping to mess up the guy's life is probably just a good call. Irrational or not, it will most likely color the letter in a not so favorable way.

That said, obviously none of this is real, so it's all kind of irrelevant...
I agree with this completely. Basically my overall point was that I hate when people blame the third party more than the actual offender.
 
You need to play your cards right.

1) Do not make the wife angry (she is a direct line to your LoR writer, obviously)
2) Do not make the doctor angry
3) If it gets awkward, forget the LoR and disengage politely
4) Don't do anything that will make the doctor call your pre-med committee.

How you can accomplish all of the above depends on way more information that we do not have, like your personality and their personalities, what you've committed to in terms of time spent in the office, and your ability to come up with a plausible story to extricate yourself. Out of sight is out of mind for the most part. Can you throw yourself into other work so that you can say you are too busy? Negotiate to reduce your hours, at least temporarily.
 
I agree with this completely. Basically my overall point was that I hate when people blame the third party more than the actual offender.

My point is that there's more than enough blame to go around. Sure, blame the cheating wife. But to excuse the behavior of someone choosing to betray the trust of someone who has done him a favor and enter into an adulterous relationship with the wife of his mentor? Some people seem to be arguing that this is OK.

To anyone who's seriously saying "She's more wrong than he is" in defense of his potential cheating -- Well, that's pretty weak moral reasoning. So if thievery is less wrong than murder, does it make it OK? How about you do neither?
 
My point is that there's more than enough blame to go around. Sure, blame the cheating wife. But to excuse the behavior of someone choosing to betray the trust of someone who has done him a favor and enter into an adulterous relationship with the wife of his mentor? Some people seem to be arguing that this is OK.

To anyone who's seriously saying "She's more wrong than he is" in defense of his potential cheating -- Well, that's pretty weak moral reasoning. So if thievery is less wrong than murder, does it make it OK? How about you do neither?
That's fair, especially considering that the guy did him a favor. I guess what somewhat bothered me was the advice that he needs to regulate his behavior, study in the public places, avoid leaning in, etc. It just seems like a high school game from teenage chick-flick, IMO. Maybe it is the right thing to do but it just doesn't sit well with me at all.
 
I want the Batman to explain how one has a superiority complex from being bad with women.

"blatantly incompetent" ? Incompetent at what exactly?
Blatant = in an unsubtle and unashamed manner
Very strange word-smithing there...


How could the OP possibly have no choice but to "smash and dash"? In what world is that a real scenario?

Batman, you're struggling, bro.
And you seem to be doing the semi-grown up equivalent of "I'm rubber your glue, whatever you say sticks back on you", except you believe it. Right, people don't like you because they are actually guilty of the character flaw that you exhibit. "I'm not a narcissist, you people don't like me because you think you're better than everyone else" Brilliant.

lol ok
 
That's fair, especially considering that the guy did him a favor. I guess what somewhat bothered me was the advice that he needs to regulate his behavior, study in the public places, avoid leaning in, etc. It just seems like a high school game from teenage chick-flick, IMO. Maybe it is the right thing to do but it just doesn't sit well with me at all.

It's the opposite of a game though. There would be a lot of hurt, anger, and resentment to go around. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging a weakness in someone and going out of one's way to no allow the fruition of that weakness to occur. Many of good man has walked away from the proposition of a married woman, or vice versa. Said married people often come to their senses and are thankful that the 3rd party did not allow them to act out on their fleeting wishes.
 
Last edited:
Solid rebuttal. 👍

Whenever someone says i'm not liked because of "blah blah blah reason" it makes me smile. I actually get along with everyone, i'm one of the most selfless person on campus. I do a lot of charity work and am part of the big brothers big sisters program here. Yet because of a few posts in which I spoke my true thoughts no one likes me? Now you know why I gave out the response

"Lol Ok"

I'm done there is no need for me to argue with you I need to be studying for my exam.
 
Whenever someone says i'm not like because of "blah blah blah reason" it makes me smile. I actually get along with everyone, i'm one of the most selfless person on campus. Yet because of a few posts in which I spoke my true thoughts no one likes me? Now you know why I gave out the response

"Lol Ok"

I'm done there is no need for me to argue with you I need to be studying for my exam.

Handsome, brilliant, altruistic AND humble.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
let's be real, if the doctor found out, regardless of whether OP reciprocated, there may not even be an LOR
oh if the doc in question were me, there would still be a letter... (unless OP was smart enough to not ask for one)
 
Am I the only one who read this who thought OP was a premed girl? And that the doctor's young wife was trying to get into some girl-on-girl experimentation?

^actually how I read it. **** this application season is doing terrible things to my head.
 
oh if the doc in question were me, there would still be a letter... (unless OP was smart enough to not ask for one)

hah yeah true.
that's what I was hinting at with the doc knowing what UG OP goes to and could very easily call his pre-health committee and probably tank his application
 
Am I the only one who read this who thought OP was a premed girl? And that the doctor's young wife was trying to get into some girl-on-girl experimentation?

^actually how I read it. **** this application season is doing terrible things to my head.

I don't know many girls with the name "Brian," so no unless the OP is a post op transexual (now that would be an interesting twist), no.
 
Am I the only one who read this who thought OP was a premed girl? And that the doctor's young wife was trying to get into some girl-on-girl experimentation?

^actually how I read it. **** this application season is doing terrible things to my head.

That's pretty intense.

I don't know many girls with the name "Brian," so no unless the OP is a post op transexual (now that would be an interesting twist), no.

:whistle:
 
Keep shadowing the doctor. If the wife start hitting on you, just tell her you're not interested. Plus you're jumping to conclusions. Many women are just really affectionate with their behavior. Kiss on a cheek doesn't mean anything. Maybe she's awful at orgo and you could help her do better on her next exam.
What planet do you live in? If a woman kisses you on the cheek (yes, even a married woman) -- SHE WANTS YOU BAD. BE VERY AFRAID. Whatever you do, do not fnck her.
 
This reminds me of a french movie, some playwright amateur is invited to a Lord's house to teach the Lord the way of play writing, he starts messing around with the Lord's wife, the lord catches them, and it all goes downhill from there. Seems like the plot of every movie that involves affairs.
 
This thread ranks right up there with the guy that thought all of the female professors were either attracted to him or hated him (or maybe it was both?)!!!!!!
My male prof. was def in love with moi.

#okbye
 
Whenever someone says i'm not liked because of "blah blah blah reason" it makes me smile. I actually get along with everyone, i'm one of the most selfless person on campus. I do a lot of charity work and am part of the big brothers big sisters program here. Yet because of a few posts in which I spoke my true thoughts no one likes me? Now you know why I gave out the response

"Lol Ok"

I'm done there is no need for me to argue with you I need to be studying for my exam.
Bro, if you are truly liked, you wouldn't need to convince anyone here. Shows you are truly hated. Why you give a **** what some people online think about you? Only what you know about yourself matter. Say what's on your mind and be done. It's an open forum everyone has a right to their opinion. Stop looking over your shoulder.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bro, if you are truly liked, you wouldn't need to convince anyone here. Shows you are truly hated. Why you give a **** what some people online think about you? Only what you know about yourself matter. Say what's on your mind and be done. It's an open forum everyone has a right to their opinion. Stop looking over your shoulder.

I said I laugh it off not yell at my computer screen because a complete stranger said something mean. I think it's fair to say I don't really care at all about what anyone here thinks. Gee maybe that's why i'm so outspoken and say what's truly on my mind ALL the time. Are you sure you're a psychology major? Please tell me you're still in intro. I'll just keep doing what I do and you keep doing what you do
 
I said I laugh it off not yell at my computer screen because a complete stranger said something mean. I think it's fair to say I don't really care at all about what anyone here thinks. Gee maybe that's why i'm so outspoken and say what's truly on my mind ALL the time. Are you sure you're a psychology major? Please tell me you're still in intro. I'll just keep doing what I do and you keep doing what you do

Why so serious brah?
 
OP is my favorite OP. All his threads are gold.

vUyGqN6.gif
 
I'm shadowing a family doctor at his private practice regularly (he's also my doctor). His wife frequently visits his practice and brings their daughter around. And since I'm always there shadowing, I often converse with his wife (she also takes classes at my uni and is an aspiring pre-med). Frankly, I feel his wife is too young for him. But who am I to judge? Over the last few weeks she's been getting a little too close to me (touching my hand and having her arm around me, giving me hugs when I leave their practice when he's not around.) And this week at my uni, she'd been following me around to and from class all the way to my dorm room! She has an O-Chem test coming up and she'd like me to help her study for it, of course I said yes and she got all excited and THEN kissed me on the cheek. Did I make the wrong choice? How will the doc think of me and his wife studying together? Should I tell him she kissed me and possibly ruin any hope for a LoR? Maybe I should find a different doctor to shadow. 🙁

Please help, what should I do?

Edit: Just to be clear, it's the wife that's been following me around. Her daughter is 4 years old...

Shadowing LORs are crap. Acquire woman. What's the worst that could happen?