seriously need help on application process for dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Illstartmydiet2maro

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok guys im seriously confused now..
I submitted/paid my AADSAS application June 6th. Everything is in from LOR, as well as transcripts.. Since then I have just been sitting on my butt thinking I am supposed to be notified on what is next..However I am just finding out that places like Texas A&M requires me to go on their website and fill out a secondary? I am really confused.. Is there any schools that need me to do additional work without them notifying me? Ive applied to all the Cali schools, UNLV, arizona, utah, tufts.
I feel played because i submitted like 2 weeks ago and I am now finding out they wont even look at my app unless I have done a secondary, but i thought a secondary would have to be emailed to me !!?? can someone clear this up please.

Members don't see this ad.

They won't look at Your app until your transcripts are verified so you're still on timeline.
Sadly yes!! You have to look at each school and see if they require a secondary from their website, other schools will email you a secondary, and others will not require one. I'm applying to 14 and had a Lot of stuff to figure out. Just check on AADSAS for tht individual school or check online on their website in application process

Also I believe every single school requires a secondary fee. Some schools only accept mailed checks and other only online payment and others u have the option to choose 1 of 2. Again, you have to figure all this out yourself! It takes a while and u even might have to call them but it should be pretty straightforward if ou Google it

Not to be a B, but I don't tend to sugar coat things. Applying to dental school is just the first hoop you are going to have to jump through in a long career and is something that will require some research on your part. While SDN is a great resource for support and learning even more about programs, it is really up to you to apply; people cannot hold your hand through the whole process.

That being said, all info on secondary apps are either on the dental school websites and if something seems unclear you should definitely call the program to make sure that your application is complete. I made a spreadsheet with info for each school I applied to that included any secondary apps they needed or additional fees. After submitting everything I would follow up with the schools. If this is something you truly want, you need to be proactive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users