Seton Hall interview cancelled

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cosmo 23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
FYI...Seton Hall's interview day for the PhD counseling psych, scheduled for tomorrow (3/16) has been cancelled due to weather. Received an email and phone call from Dr. Palmer.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't know anyone else on this forum was applying to Seton Hall! Hello, fellow counseling psych person! Who's your POI? See you in two MORE weeks, argh...

I know...what a drag to have to wait! It's only raining in NYC now. I think we traded messages about counseling phds on past threads...I didn't specify POI in my statement but am interested in working w/ Dr Palmer, given my interest in trauma. See you there!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know! I live in Brooklyn, and it's still just drizzling...well, icy drizzles, but still. I do remember you from the great Counseling vs. Clinical PhD debate! Congrats on getting into Fordham and Yeshiva, by the way. Great programs. Do you think you'll still interview at SH in two weeks? I'm still waiting on Boston College, Penn State, and UVa (waitlisted at the last two, still waiting to hear from the first) - if I get into them, I may not check out SH due to the lack of solid funding but we'll see. Still would probably be worth it to check them out.

I think we're twins, by the way. I'm also interested in trauma and working with Dr. Palmer. But I think each prof takes more than one person there, so maybe she'll choose us. :)

Did you get your MA in counseling in the NYC area? I wonder if we know each other.

Hi, I think I will still attend SH, just to see how it is. I'm leaning towards Fordham though. I graduated from TC's masters program in May 06. you?
good luck withthe schools you've yet top hear from! I'm waiting on a few additional clinical as well...
take care.

Did you apply to their clinical/counseling after receiving a masters there? I've heard mixed reviews of the program...

I applied to the clinical program...you can only apply to one or the other, not both. I wasn't a huge fan of the counseling program. None of the doctoral students seemed happy or balanced, in my most humble of opinions.

I got my masters in counseling from NYU, but took some classes at TC taught by some unhappy PhD students! I also applied to TC's clinical program. Good times. :)