General Admissions & OTCAS Seton Hall MSOT program 2019 acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmp1996

Reaction score
Hi! I applied for the MSOT program at Seton Hall and haven't heard back yet.. was wondering if anyone had heard back yet? It's my top choice so I'm really hoping.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I applied for the MSOT program at Seton Hall and haven't heard back yet.. was wondering if anyone had heard back yet? It's my top choice so I'm really hoping.
I received my acceptance on 3/11 through phone call from the Dean! I was wondering if any second year students are on this forum and can help me with a few questions I have about the program:)

Hey! I am waiting to hear back as well. Every time I emailed Patrick he told me first week of April we should hear back so I am impatiently waiting. I got accepted to Temple University and to be honest that out of state school is just as expensive as SHU. If I did the math correctly I think we should be in about $118,000 of debt? Is this correct? Were you accepted any where else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted via phone call on 3/7 and then the letter came the next day via email/portal. You only have 10 business days to reply and give your $$$ to Seton Hall so I'm assuming the waitlist is used quite a bit.

Did you apply to other schools? I'm heard back from Seton, NYU, Columbia, and I know that Downstate has sent out most of their acceptances. Did you apply to other schools? Do you have a backup?

The standard reply "date" is "end of March-beginning of April" so that should give you a range. Keep in mind that if you're waitlisted I've heard of students who get accepted 2 weeks before starting classes. I would recommend if you ARE on a waitlist that you do a followup email expressing you're still interested sometime in the next few weeks.

I was accepted via phone call on 3/7 and then the letter came the next day via email/portal. You only have 10 business days to reply and give your $$$ to Seton Hall so I'm assuming the waitlist is used quite a bit.

Did you apply to other schools? I'm heard back from Seton, NYU, Columbia, and I know that Downstate has sent out most of their acceptances. Did you apply to other schools? Do you have a backup?

The standard reply "date" is "end of March-beginning of April" so that should give you a range. Keep in mind that if you're waitlisted I've heard of students who get accepted 2 weeks before starting classes. I would recommend if you ARE on a waitlist that you do a followup email expressing you're still interested sometime in the next few weeks.
I’m on the waitlist for Temple and got denied to Stockton and Thomas Jefferson. I reached out to Temple regarding my position on the waitlist but never received a response over a week later. I was waitlisted months ago! I’m going to give them a call soon.

I’m really hoping to hear good news from Seton Hall as this is my top school. Still have hope for Temple but the lack of communication is frustrating!

If anyone hears back from Seton Hall please let us know. For those that applied would you guys mind putting your stats thanks.

Just received an email that I am on the waitlist

I also received an email I am on the waitlist

I also was put on the waitlist. What other schools did you all apply to? And what is your status? (Those who were waitlisted)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waitlisted to Temple, Sacred Heart and Salus. Are Seton and Temple the only schools you applied to?
I also applied to Stockton and Jefferson and got denied to those two. Hoping for the best with the two waitlists!

I was recently accepted to Seton Hall and am currently choosing between Seton Hall and Hofstra (I am also waitlisted at NYU and Columbia). I would really appreciate any insights into the program because I have not been able to find many specifics such as class size and class timing on the website. I am from Manhattan so the Seton Hall commute is a little better but besides that the programs look pretty comparable. Thoughts would be much appreciated!

Hey guys!! I got accepted a couple of days ago! I'm currently deciding between going to seton hall for OT or sticking with my MSEd in ABA at Temple. I'm really confused as to what decision I should make and would love some advice.

I was recently accepted to Seton Hall and am currently choosing between Seton Hall and Hofstra (I am also waitlisted at NYU and Columbia). I would really appreciate any insights into the program because I have not been able to find many specifics such as class size and class timing on the website. I am from Manhattan so the Seton Hall commute is a little better but besides that the programs look pretty comparable. Thoughts would be much appreciated!
Hey, I went to visit Seton Hall to get a better sense of the program, one of the program staff gave me a tour and answered some of my question so here is some info I retained:
-Class size is 35, there are 2 classes, 35 students from the entry level masters and 35 from the OT bachelors, all students get mixed and separated into 2 classes that you stick with for all classes. Labs are split into smaller groups, some more typical lecture classes are held for 70 people but all others are 35. ---The facilities are brand new which is nice, new classes, nice size ADL lab, a sensory gym, and lots of simulation rooms that are typically for med students but that they are trying to integrate in the OT courses.
-Downside of the IHS campus is that it's kind of isolated and really just one big building along the highway, but there are a few restaurants around.
-I was told that classes are very interactive, lots of group work during class time, discussions, and that kind of stuff, they have those classes with group computer work stations that can project to the main screen and the professor walks around, I'm not sure if that's the same with all OT programs but that's something I'm excited about because my entire bachelors was just 200 people lectures haha
-In terms of schedule she was saying that typically in the past classes start around 9am, some days are quite long, typically one semester a year you will have a day off, and then when there is fieldwork, a day for fieldwork

Those are the main things I remember, hope it helps! If you have specific questions you can email the staff, they're quite helpful!

Hey, I went to visit Seton Hall to get a better sense of the program, one of the program staff gave me a tour and answered some of my question so here is some info I retained:
-Class size is 35, there are 2 classes, 35 students from the entry level masters and 35 from the OT bachelors, all students get mixed and separated into 2 classes that you stick with for all classes. Labs are split into smaller groups, some more typical lecture classes are held for 70 people but all others are 35. ---The facilities are brand new which is nice, new classes, nice size ADL lab, a sensory gym, and lots of simulation rooms that are typically for med students but that they are trying to integrate in the OT courses.
-Downside of the IHS campus is that it's kind of isolated and really just one big building along the highway, but there are a few restaurants around.
-I was told that classes are very interactive, lots of group work during class time, discussions, and that kind of stuff, they have those classes with group computer work stations that can project to the main screen and the professor walks around, I'm not sure if that's the same with all OT programs but that's something I'm excited about because my entire bachelors was just 200 people lectures haha
-In terms of schedule she was saying that typically in the past classes start around 9am, some days are quite long, typically one semester a year you will have a day off, and then when there is fieldwork, a day for fieldwork

Those are the main things I remember, hope it helps! If you have specific questions you can email the staff, they're quite helpful!
Thank you! That was extremely helpful.

Hey, I was wondering if anyone who has Seton Hall as their first choice would be willing to share what they think the strengths of the program are, I just find it quite hard to find feedback and personal opinions about the program online! Thanks in advance.

Got accepted and will be attending seton hall. Anybody else here going to attend the program?

Got accepted and will be attending seton hall. Anybody else here going to attend the program?
Hey, congrats! I am planning on applying for SHU's next cycle. Would you mind sharing your stats?

anyone know if there's a Facebook group for Fall 2019?