Seven Year Old Surgeon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudyShy

XOXO
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

And just like that, India became the new Caribbean for rejected American medical school applicants.

I am more intrigued by OP's alleged "Location." ;););)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Meh, if you want to pay a seven yr old to cut you......by all means

An earlier bloomer with parents and countrymen who will push him to the brink of collapse- sad

Not only surgery - hand surgery.

Also, can any native speakers of Hindi or other languages commonly spoken in India speak on the use of the present progressive in those languages?

I have long been fascinated by the common Indian misuse of that construct ("he is having the highest IQ"). I ask from a sincere interest in linguistics.

I am more intrigued by OP's alleged "Location." ;););)
It's a common saying among OB nurses. :)

I truly feel sorry for the kid, and I wish him the best.

Happy to see the kid become more accepting of teamwork toward the end of the video. Best of luck to him.

Happy to see the kid become more accepting of teamwork toward the end of the video. Best of luck to him.

I agree. I did look like he matured. :)

You do realize this kid is like 20 right now? lol

You do realize this kid is like 20 right now? lol
Hahaha I was actually curious when that video was made. What's he doing now? I did a quick online search but didn't find anything... I hope he's doing well and living a happy life. All that pressure can really screw with a kid.

The video says his IQ is actually not all that great. I wonder if his initial wow-factor is just an impressive knack for rote memorization. If you can rehearse things well enough, you can create an illusion of being quite bright and creative. I feel bad for all the pressure heaped on him. The tests show he has incredible verbal skills, which I think makes him a precocious spokesperson for himself and his intellect. This, too, adds to his appearance of being an Einstein-level genius when, in fact, he may or may not be.

Hahaha I was actually curious when that video was made. What's he doing now? I did a quick online search but didn't find anything... I hope he's doing well and living a happy life. All that pressure can really screw with a kid.

Some Oprah site said he was working on his Masters degree as of 17, but his wiki says he was admitted to an Indian medical university at 12 so I'm not sure.

Some Oprah site said he was working on his Masters degree as of 17, but his wiki says he was admitted to an Indian medical university at 12 so I'm not sure.

Didn't have enough EC's

Meh, if you want to pay a seven yr old to cut you......by all means
lol in some adjacent neighborhoods where I grew up, you didn't have to pay any kids for that to happen..... :scared:

He probably realized that curing cancer is not as easy as it seemed when you are 7.