sGPA 3.3/MLT/ Nontrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LadyD89

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a nontraditional applicant. I graduated around 2012 with a sGPA of 3.3 with an internship at a genetics clinic under my belt. I did 30-40 clinic hours at a pharmacy the same year as I applied to several MT/MLT programs. I received an associates in laboratory technology along with 72 hours of further clinical experience in phlebotomy and bone marrow extractions in 2015-2016. I work full time as a certified MLT in a large hospital. I am attempting to complete another 30-40 clinic hours at the same pharmacy and shadow some of the clinic's doctors (hopefully 20-30 hours). I also have experience tutoring immunohematology and chemistry.

Can I add the courses from my associates onto my sGPA? It would raise my score by another point, maybe two. Is there anything else I can do to improve my chances?