This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureMDbro

Reaction score
Hello all!
I need some help/advice on the way ADCOMS at med schools view sGPA over cGPA. I have a 3.75 sGPA and a 3.55 cGPA, reason being I did not start taking any Pre-med/science classes until my sophomore year as I was not sure what I wanted to major in my Freshman year along with that I also had a terrible freshman year grade wise at a 2.7 GPA.
With this based on my practice MCAT I am predicting to score between 515-518. How will ADCOMS look at my application with my cGPA being so low? (I am applying this summer and am a senior)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Your GPA is fine

As long as you have a very good MCAT and EC’s you should be okay

Hello all!
I need some help/advice on the way ADCOMS at med schools view sGPA over cGPA. I have a 3.75 sGPA and a 3.55 cGPA, reason being I did not start taking any Pre-med/science classes until my sophomore year as I was not sure what I wanted to major in my Freshman year along with that I also had a terrible freshman year grade wise at a 2.7 GPA.
With this based on my practice MCAT I am predicting to score between 515-518. How will ADCOMS look at my application with my cGPA being so low? (I am applying this summer and am a senior)
You're fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure you are ready for the MCAT because if you do well on that, you should be good to go (if your ECs are good too). Be sure to stick around SDN, plenty of people/information to help you along the way.

Wow I appreciate all of your responses, really gives me a boost of confidence! Yes I am studying hard currently for the MCAT in the spring, the rest of my application looks good as well with ECs. It's good to know that the BCPM GPA is more important as having that rough Freshman year has been killing my confidence and cGPA ever since. I will keep you all updated and plan to apply to a ton of MD schools and a few DO schools once I take the MCAT.