SGU essays

Started by Qwerty85
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Qwerty85

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey for anyoen who has applied to SGU - is the personal statement supposed to be similar to the one we submitted for the VMCAS application? I guess I am confused because there is also an essay that says "please discuss the most signficant factors which led to your decision to pursue a career in Veterinary Medicine." Isn't this question typically answered in the personal statement?
 
For the "please discuss the most significant factors which lead to your decision to pursue a career in veterinary medicine" essay I gave a very short introduction and then wrote one paragraph for each of the three most significant experiences I had while working at a SA clinic that lead me to veterinary medicine as my career choice. For the personal statement essay I gave a more detailed account of where I started, how I progressed, and where I plan to go with my degree, with some other personal details thrown in here and there.