You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
SGU 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ItsGboi
New Member
Hi all! Happy to have accepted my offer at SGU SVM, are there any online groups for other fellow newly admitted SGU students? It feels overwhelming to go out of the country for vet school but I understand that we are all not alone and in this together so it would be nice to ease the nerves and find a common ground with others as we embark on this fantastic journey to be vets!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dvmrussell
Full Member
There is a Facebook group:Hi all! Happy to have accepted my offer at SGU SVM, are there any online groups for other fellow newly admitted SGU students? It feels overwhelming to go out of the country for vet school but I understand that we are all not alone and in this together so it would be nice to ease the nerves and find a common ground with others as we embark on this fantastic journey to be vets!
Log into Facebook
Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
GroupMe - Join the group for SGU August 2025 DVM Students!
This group chat is intended for students who are considering SGU for this upcoming academic year for vet school!
groupme.com
Congrats on your acceptance!
alyssa13
Full Member
Do people know the best places to live near SGU? I know Lance Aux Epines, True Blue and Grand Anse seem to be the most popular places. I found an apartment I like in Mt. Hartman, its pet friendly and within my budget and looks to have everything I would want. Its also saying its near SGU and public transportation however I dont see if its directly on the SGU bus route. Does anyone have any input if that would be a good place or to keep looking? I do not plan on having a car
futuredogtorlegs
Full Member
It may be best to join the SGU Family Network on WhatsApp. Current students are really helpful in answering these types of questions. I visited the island to get a better idea of bus stop distances, etc. and chose a unit in Lance Aux Epines based on that. I did find that the path to the bus stop for some apartments were steep or inconvenient. If you can’t visit, the owners will sometimes provide you a video or info on the bus stop.Do people know the best places to live near SGU? I know Lance Aux Epines, True Blue and Grand Anse seem to be the most popular places. I found an apartment I like in Mt. Hartman, its pet friendly and within my budget and looks to have everything I would want. Its also saying its near SGU and public transportation however I dont see if its directly on the SGU bus route. Does anyone have any input if that would be a good place or to keep looking? I do not plan on having a car
mollyk_2021
ISU CVM c/o 2029
I am accepted for the January 2026 term and didn’t receive anythingFor those that submitted a deposit, did you get an email about setting up your university portal? I know the confirmation of deposit email says we will receive an email with instruction on how to do this, but I never got it.
So you put a deposit down?I am accepted for the January 2026 term and didn’t receive anything
mollyk_2021
ISU CVM c/o 2029
yes on April 13th I put my deposit down for my spot in the class of January 2026 and have not received any emails besides the one that said they got my depositSo you put a deposit down?
Thanks!!yes on April 13th I put my deposit down for my spot in the class of January 2026 and have not received any emails besides the one that said they got my deposit
The NAVLE pass rates definitely caused me to pause. I asked the same question to a faculty member at SGU but no response. I know they have tweaked their curriculum to hopefully combat this problem. So I guess they are trying to show the accreditation committee their effort to change.I'm planning to commit to SGU but just saw their NAVLE passing rate in 2023 was 79% and 74% in 2024... does anyone know why this is and how it might affect their accreditation?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
themoosifer2001
Full Member
Hey guys I have received an acceptance else where but I have already paid by $400 deposit for SGU. How do I decline my seat now? Im aware I won't get my money back but the sooner I can reject my acceptance hopefully the sooner someone can get accepted!
mollyk_2021
ISU CVM c/o 2029
I just emailed Gianna Glock that I needed to decline my seat!Hey guys I have received an acceptance else where but I have already paid by $400 deposit for SGU. How do I decline my seat now? Im aware I won't get my money back but the sooner I can reject my acceptance hopefully the sooner someone can get accepted!
futuredogtorlegs
Full Member
Toured them and they seemed to be ok. Also everyone was nice. It's right across the street from the bus stop. It has a study room, salon and coffee shop onsite. I didn't choose because I wanted more trees and greenspace for my dog. They are off a busy street.Hey! Does anyone have experience or know anyone who lived in the Blue Star apartments? Im looking into a 2 bd/2br for this August term and thats one of my top contenders
Did anyone get a text message today about the waitlist? It said (St. George's University) WAITLIST UPDATE: We know waiting can be stressful. We're closely monitoring the waitlist and have seen movement. We will contact you within 24 hours if a seat opens. Thank you for your patience and interest. If you've decided not to attend, please reply with DECLINE.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K