SGU 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hello! I just got an interview invite to SGU and was wondering if anyone had interviewed with them before so I could speak to them and ask some questions?!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got confirmation that I have been invited to interview and I am just waiting on further details when it comes to when I will have my interview! Best of luck to everyone 🙂
 
Invited for an interview on august 31, was told I would be hearing for more details within the next few days. I have still not heard anything but my friends who found out August 1 have heard back for more details. Should I be worries?
 
Invited for an interview on august 31, was told I would be hearing for more details within the next few days. I have still not heard anything but my friends who found out August 1 have heard back for more details. Should I be worries?
I heard within a week, keep your head up and if you dont hear by next week you can always email them <3
 
Hey guys I submitted my application 08/26 and received my interview invite literally the next day so 08/27! My interview date is set for 09/09 so If anyone give give tips/ advice i’d greatly appreciated it, im so nervous but also excited this is my first ever real interview
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I submitted my application 08/26 and received my interview invite literally the next day so 08/27! My interview date is set for 09/09 so If anyone give give tips/ advice i’d greatly appreciated it, im so nervous but also excited this is my first ever real interview
The interview is conducted by an alumni so it’s not terrible. Be yourself and be as honest as you want to be. My interviewer graduate like 2 years ago, he made me laugh, I made him laugh. It was a good time
 
I received my acceptance for fall cohort today!

Submitted:Aug 2nd
Verified:Aug 12th
Interview invite:Aug 12th
-I was out of the country with no service when I received the invite, so it was a few weeks until I interviewed.
Interview: Aug 30th
Accepted:Sep 11th
Congrats!!! When do you have to make a decision by? Is there a fee to hold your spot?
 
Congrats!!! When do you have to make a decision by? Is there a fee to hold your spot?
Thank you! Hopefully you hear good news as well!

For fall cohort you have to make a decision by April 15. That date is the National deadline for admitted students to accept or decline offers of admission and a school can not force you to decide before then unless it is for an earlier cohort such as summer or spring.

The deposit to hold your spot is $400 and that just has to be paid by April 15th.
 
I just submitted it through VMCAS! Does anyone know the usual time to hear if you received an interview?

I submitted my application on Tuesday and heard that I received an interview yesterday. Today I received the contact information of my interviewer. Good luck!
 
I just submitted it through VMCAS! Does anyone know the usual time to hear if you received an interview?
As told to me by the school you can hear about an interview as early as 1-2 days after submitting on VMCAS but may take longer depending on how close to the deadline you submit (also I think it depends on if your VMCAS has been verified or not). After you complete your interview they say that final decisions can take up to 12 weeks but could be sooner. Someone on here got an acceptance 10 days after their interview.

Personally I submitted my VMCAS application on 9/4 and received an invite the next day. My interview was scheduled for 9/10 and I receive an email from SGU the same day saying I’ll hear back within 12 weeks. Haven’t heard anything yet but it’s only been like 2 days lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did yalls interview invites come after your vmcas was verified and fully done? submitted last week but one of letters hadn’t come in yet and hoping that’s why i haven’t heard anything yet
 
Did yalls interview invites come after your vmcas was verified and fully done? submitted last week but one of letters hadn’t come in yet and hoping that’s why i haven’t heard anything yet
I received my interview before my application was verified (verified 8/29, received interview invite on 08/27) but this is probably the busiest time right now since the deadline is coming up so I would give it a little longer but you can always reach out too
 
has anyone who interviewed around 9/08 heard anything back with decisions? I know some people heard back within like 2 weeks so getting antsy over here haha
 
Has anyone who applied 9/15-9/16 ish gotten an interview invitation? I know it was later in the cycle so it will probably take longer i’m just getting antsy!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad