SGU or SMU??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TurtleLover

LSU SVM c/o 2013!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, so here's my dilemma. I am the type of person who likes to know a lot of details before I start/do something major in my life. Currently I have been accepted to SMU (St. Matthews University in Grand Cayman) and am on the waitlist for Western and LSU. I am considering also applying to SGU (St. Georges University in Grenada), but I don't know if I got in, which school I would be better off attending.

Can anyone out there offer me some insight? I am really interested in the exotics field and my ultimate goal is to become a marine animal veterinarian. SGU has a marine mammal medicine Masters program. And recently SMU has hosted a MarVet conference and will be hosting it again this summer. I guess I just wish I knew ahead of time which school would offer me the best experiences.

Sooooo any insight out there for me? 🙂
 
Yes, I do. I actually got a behind the scenes tour when I visited there and they offered me a job by the time I left! LOL. A bunch of vet students there do volunteer at the turtle farm working with the turtles, iguanas, sharks, and birds. It's pretty cool, indeed!