Shadowing Doctor in the UK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Shaggy99

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys,

I'm a pre-med freshman student at VCU. I have shadowed around 20 hours in the MCV (richmond) system, and plan on doing a total of ~90 hours in a private podiatric practice back home in NoVa over winter break. I am thinking about living in London over the summer for a month with a family relative and shadowing at his plastic surgery practice.

My question is, will this count towards my clinical shadowing/volunteering experiences or as EC? Additionally, do you think it would be more prudent to instead do research with a prof at GMU (I already have started research at a bone and tissue engineering lab at VCU) instead of overseas shadowing?