You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I added 12 BYND at 117.60 which officially taps out the "play money" trading fund I built, so hold off on any great stock tips until the next payday guys 😉
I'm in pretty similar situation thinking of this as my play money, albeit I passed the 100k mark in January after about 4 years of playing (fluctuate between 120-130k now). I told myself I was going to reallocate to safe and boring blue chips when I hit my outstanding mortgage balance, around 300k.
But yeah, AMZN wasn't really a pick I had in mind - it was more for my wife as she was starting to get interested in individual stocks but now she's got her own account. I sold it this morning and as good a company as it is, there's other ways I'd like to invest the 3k odd dollars.
Wow! What funds do you have in your trading account? Have you beaten the market?
To you NIO holders, does it make you nervous at all that the Chinese government has so much control over the market? I feel like a solid company can go under from one day to the next at the whim of the government. I hope this is nothing but propaganda-driven paranoia. I hold 232 shares of NIO @ 28 now.
Not for NIO because the government backs them and wants them to succeed. They don't want an American company at the top in their own country.
Maybe for BABA though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow! What funds do you have in your trading account?
Some snapshots...I have to admit (as you know @mentos ) I've somewhat hesitant to put my portfolio up, but I owe it to you guys. I've made some off of NIO which I heard of here first.
Along the way, there are some other funds that I no longer have positions in that did well (KITE, VGT, TDOC, REGN, BRK.B,) that did poorly (ERF, KBNT) and whatever in between that were too volatile or I just sold at the wrong time.
Have you beaten the market?
Considering I haven't transferred any more funds into the account since summer of 2016, except for that small blip you see in early 2017...I think I've at least stayed competitive with the market.
Last edited:
Well sorry for losing money on work Wag. May have been a poor choice but at least SQ is down too, so wouldn't make that much difference
Other stocks are up so it's ok
I really don't like being in it in general. I'm not a huge fan of buying IPOs.Not sorry for PLTR being down. If you bought the first time I asked, you'd be up LoL.
But it's your position so it's fine
Updates:
Short plays:
Currently holding
Bought today 6 BABA 12/18 $300 calls at $4.90
Bought today 1 BABA 11/20 call at $3.90
Made about $500 on BABA calls
Made $70 on FB calls
Made $140 from NFLX calls
Made $270 selling cash secured WKHS puts
Got assigned 100 WKHS share at $20 per share, currently selling $20 CC and hoping for assignment.
Long plays:
Sold MA, RTX, OPES to add 60 shares of AMD at $82.49
Previously, I sold a CC on NIO. Unfortunately, it was a 11/6 $32 NIO call (when NIO was $27) and I had to roll it to a 12/18 $36 call to avoid assignment. Hopefully, NIO comes down a bit more. If not, I will try to roll further out (or I will just take assignment if I can't roll it out ).
Short plays:
Currently holding
Bought today 6 BABA 12/18 $300 calls at $4.90
Bought today 1 BABA 11/20 call at $3.90
Made about $500 on BABA calls
Made $70 on FB calls
Made $140 from NFLX calls
Made $270 selling cash secured WKHS puts
Got assigned 100 WKHS share at $20 per share, currently selling $20 CC and hoping for assignment.
Long plays:
Sold MA, RTX, OPES to add 60 shares of AMD at $82.49
Previously, I sold a CC on NIO. Unfortunately, it was a 11/6 $32 NIO call (when NIO was $27) and I had to roll it to a 12/18 $36 call to avoid assignment. Hopefully, NIO comes down a bit more. If not, I will try to roll further out (or I will just take assignment if I can't roll it out ).
D
deleted885753
To you NIO holders, does it make you nervous at all that the Chinese government has so much control over the market? I feel like a solid company can go under from one day to the next at the whim of the government. I hope this is nothing but propaganda-driven paranoia. I hold 232 shares of NIO @ 28 now.
Thats why I used my gambling money to buy 100 NIO shares @$18 and 13 shares of Tesla.
I am hoping to get >500% return on it like most folks here but also prepared to loose it all.
I made 3k off NIO calls over the last month (making dem small bets; sold last call yesterday) and it's still pumping. JFC
Look at LI and XPEV, makes NIO look like an Ally savings account.
grabbed more PLTR @ 14 and 14.10 premarket
I tempted to get more NIO but maybe that's it for me. I enjoy my 200% gain. Thanks to someone recommended.
I tempted to get more NIO but maybe that's it for me. I enjoy my 200% gain. Thanks to someone recommended.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bought 75 Casper at $6 -- bounce play, tanked on earnings
Great call!
Do you know how many mattress companies you can buy from? lolGreat call!
Have you guys seen Purple? It's been soaring all year. Apparently mattresses are all the rage this year.
I won't buy a company with no moat. But, you do you.I like Casper products. Own a few sets of sheets
bought 600 FCEL @3.40
59 PLTR @ 15.50
omg..im getting nervous on FCEL. 40% run up in one day.
59 PLTR @ 15.50
omg..im getting nervous on FCEL. 40% run up in one day.
Last edited:
800 pltr average price 16.21
It's not stopping!
PLTR going to new high
PLTR going to new high
We all have BMB to thank for NIO.
Y'all can thank me for PLTR!
Bought 500 PLTR last Thursday @$14.88. Tad nervous when it went down to $13.50 after hours. Thanks @mentos
Looking for NIO to dump pre-market tomorrow. I'd get in at $40
You're not in yet?? It will probably trade sideways for a while. Think you missed the bus for NIO, LI and XPEV if you aren't in already. NIO market cap is $63B now.
PLTR has more growth potential now and it's still cheap. Get it while it's under $20.
Time to find the next NIO/PLTR. I've been watching FCEL, PLUG, SOLO, KNDI, BEST, NNDM. It's hard to find a desirable stock before it becomes top 5 trending on Yahoo finance.
Last edited:
Tell us when you find it before wsb
Don't worry I'll put it in the stock entry thread!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Man I was a day away from buying nndm twice. First at $3 last time it was there and it shot up to $4 day I was gonna pull trigger. Then at $3.65 just on Monday 🙁You're not in yet?? It will probably trade sideways for a while. Think you missed the bus for NIO, LI and XPEV if you aren't in already. NIO market cap is $63B now.
PLTR has more growth potential now and it's still cheap. Get it while it's under $20.
Time to find the next NIO/PLTR. I've been watching FCEL, PLUG, SOLO, KNDI, BEST, NNDM. It's hard to find a desirable stock before it becomes top 5 trending on Yahoo finance.
I usually don’t do penny stocks but I bought 200 FCEL @ 3.95. I feel like I should buy more at this rate
I just FOMO bought 800 FCEL. I hope it can repeat 2018 run.
5 NET @66
bought 50 BCS @7.47I usually don’t do penny stocks but I bought 200 FCEL @ 3.95. I feel like I should buy more at this rate
5 NET @66
Last edited:
I just FOMO bought 800 FCEL. I hope it can repeat 2018 run.
bought 50 BCS @7.47
5 NET @66
LOL nice. I’ll be prob end up buying more. I also got NNDM but not as much as FCEL. I’m waiting for a dip to buy more PLTR
Man I was a day away from buying nndm twice. First at $3 last time it was there and it shot up to $4 day I was gonna pull trigger. Then at $3.65 just on Monday 🙁
I missed the chance to buy more PLTR @18. It never dipped back to 17.50 TT__TT
You guys just need to buy when I tell you to!! LoL. But seriously they are both relatively cheap now. NNDM anything under $5, PLTR anything under $20 is a buy. $1 here or there doesn't matter. My average for NNDM is $4.03 and I'm still up 14%.
Look at NIO now in the $44-46 range. I bought all the way up to $44. If you bought for $18 or $19, it doesn't matter - $1 hardly makes a difference!
Last edited:
4 BABA @ 254.90
You're also kind playing with fire. These are all over WSB. Feel like they could be dumped decently at some point.
My average for NIO is $32, think my cushion is decent if it gets dumped. I don't have much invested in the rest. Slowly buying as I can.
Oh it seemed like you had a lot in PLTR
A little less than $4k invested. That's a lot for me lol.
Last edited:
1420 AYRO @ 5.05
1694 IDEX @ 1.18
1694 IDEX @ 1.18
1420 AYRO @ 5.05
1694 IDEX @ 1.18
If you get rich then I'll have to start buying my own recommendations!
@mentos NNDM doing well today
Yeah I'm not really sure why, there's no news. Being cautious with this one.
I'm debating selling, but I only have 100 shares. Also debating selling a 12/18 7.50 call.
I noticed high number of bids on the $5 call yesterday, expiring date tomorrow. Insiders?
I only have 152 shares haha.
I just FOMO bought 800 FCEL. I hope it can repeat 2018 run.
bought 50 BCS @7.47
5 NET @66
I sold 100 FCEL @5.33 today. Did you hold? I have a price trigger if it goes down to $5 just in case
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, still holding for nowI sold 100 FCEL @5.33 today. Did you hold? I have a price trigger if it goes down to $5 just in case
Bought a few shares of YY at $85.00
Gonna be biting my nails for the next 48 hours
Gonna be biting my nails for the next 48 hours
I did the BYND bounce play, made 7% and bailed on it before its current high.
Sold [email protected]. Made $60 LoL.
FCEL is a surprise for me lol. Got in when it was 2.5 and sold around 4. Rebought at 4.6 and holding till I get enough for my ROTH next year. 🙂