Shipping a 2nd POV to Germany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caverject

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you sent a car to Germany on your personal dime? Any experiences or lessons learned? I have a brand new vehicle right now and my other vehicle is still new'ish and I don't want to get rid of it before I PCS.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Gas costs over $9 a gallon just about everywhere in Europe.

Something to consider before you go through the trouble and expense of dragging not one but two money pits with you across the Atlantic.

Or you could sell both of your cars right now, plus take all the money you were thinking about spending on shipping costs and do what young airmen have been doing in Europe for decades: buy a really sweet German or Italian car at a significantly reduced cost while you're actually in one of those countries, then have it shipped back here at government expense.

Just sayin'. Look into it.

Something to consider before you go through the trouble and expense of dragging not one but two money pits with you across the Atlantic.

Or you could sell both of your cars right now, plus take all the money you were thinking about spending on shipping costs and do what young airmen have been doing in Europe for decades: buy a really sweet German or Italian car at a significantly reduced cost while you're actually in one of those countries, then have it shipped back here at government expense.

I like this idea. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)

Looked into it...bought a 2011 Sienna minivan (have multiple babies) so it's not going anywhere. My Camry is a great car with no issues. I'd hate to sell it for a cheap car in Germany with unknown reliability....if money was no big deal, I'd be at the BMW dealer within minutes of me showing up!

On base gas in europe is still < $4 a gallon.

http://ww2.stripes.com/resources/charts/gasprices.php