Shoud I take credit for research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Melbel505

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I met with my advisor today to talk about research. He suggested that I email professors about their research and ask if they have spots open in their lab. He also said I could take credit (1-3hrs) this summer for research. I feel more comfortable with the second option, because I switched my major and haven't had that much experience in the lab. From then I could email professors in the fall and feel more confident in my abilities. Has anyone had similar experiences?
 
If you start working for someone in the summer they will most likely want to keep you in the upcoming semesters if you prove yourself to be competent. So, if you can find a place that will let you work over the summer I'd say to go for it. Although summer work might be better spent if it was a paid position rather than for credit (unless the credit is applicable to one of your requirements for a major/minor/etc.)