Should I apply this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fussbal_doc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a junior in college doing a science major, as well as a college athlete. I currently have a 3.71 cGPA and a 3.52 sGPA I am planning currently on taking the MCAT towards the end of July. However, I am at a cross roads, I have minimal shadowing (50 hours), and minimal volunteering (<150 hours), I fear that besides being an award winning college athlete (soccer) and working 35 hours a week during the off season that my application is lacking and does not stand out even with a successful MCAT score (if i get it). Should I apply this cycle or should I wait a further year to increase my likelihood? Thank you for any and all advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have any clinical experience? My gut says that you should wait a year, shadowing seems fine, but volunteering is a little low.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have any clinical experience? My gut says that you should wait a year, shadowing seems fine, but volunteering is a little low.

Less than a few hours. I too thought that my app was lacking in areas that were critical such as clinical experience. Biggest worry was how that gap in time would be viewed by admissions committees and what i would do.