• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

MD & DO Should I apply this year given my stats?

theonlytycrane

7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2014
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    how did you do well on the MCAT (is it balanced?), but so bad in classes? smart and lazy?

If you want to go D.O. and not wait that might be an option for next year. MD will be tougher with the GPA. WSU will have it's second class coming in so that's a nice option too.

Reactions: 1 user
    About the Ads

Faha

7+ Year Member
    Sep 15, 2012
    1. Attending Physician
      You should be able to receive interviews at some of the newer DO schools with your stats. It would help to take science courses in the next quarter but they do not need to be upper level courses. Concentrate on courses that you believe you could receive an A in. Schools to consider include:
      ACOM
      ARCOM
      BCOM
      WCU-COM
      LMU-DCOM
      UP-KYCOM
      WVSOM
      VCOM (all 3 schools)
      UIWSOM
      NYIT-Arkansas
      RVU-Utah
      any new schools that open for 2018 (there will be several).

Goro

10+ Year Member
      Verified Expert
      Silver Member
      Gold Member
      Jun 11, 2010
      Somewhere west of St. Louis
      1. Non-Student
        Agree 100% with my learned colleague. Also try your state MD schools but I suspect that they may want another year of good academic performance.

@Goro you seem like the person to consult, but all good if you don't get involved in these threads. Otherwise-thoughts?

Cath Up

2+ Year Member
        Dec 7, 2016
        1. Medical Student
          Thank you very much for the feedback.

You should be able to receive interviews at some of the newer DO schools with your stats. It would help to take science courses in the next quarter but they do not need to be upper level courses. Concentrate on courses that you believe you could receive an A in. Schools to consider include:
          ACOM
          ARCOM
          BCOM
          WCU-COM
          LMU-DCOM
          UP-KYCOM
          WVSOM
          VCOM (all 3 schools)
          UIWSOM
          NYIT-Arkansas
          RVU-Utah
          any new schools that open for 2018 (there will be several).

Agree 100% with my learned colleague. Also try your state MD schools but I suspect that they may want another year of good academic performance.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.