MD & DO Should I apply this year given my stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cath Up

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
how did you do well on the MCAT (is it balanced?), but so bad in classes? smart and lazy?

If you want to go D.O. and not wait that might be an option for next year. MD will be tougher with the GPA. WSU will have it's second class coming in so that's a nice option too.

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You should be able to receive interviews at some of the newer DO schools with your stats. It would help to take science courses in the next quarter but they do not need to be upper level courses. Concentrate on courses that you believe you could receive an A in. Schools to consider include:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
UIWSOM
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
any new schools that open for 2018 (there will be several).

Reactions: 1 user
@Goro you seem like the person to consult, but all good if you don't get involved in these threads. Otherwise-thoughts?

Thank you very much for the feedback.

You should be able to receive interviews at some of the newer DO schools with your stats. It would help to take science courses in the next quarter but they do not need to be upper level courses. Concentrate on courses that you believe you could receive an A in. Schools to consider include:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
UIWSOM
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
any new schools that open for 2018 (there will be several).

Agree 100% with my learned colleague. Also try your state MD schools but I suspect that they may want another year of good academic performance.