Should I Be Worried? Only heard back from 5/15 schools.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xx6xx12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I be worried? I applied to most of my schools in October and November yet I have only heard back from 5 schools. This just seems weird to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Without knowing where you applied and your stats, I cant say for sure but I wouldn't be too worried. Some schools still have interviews/ accept applicant until feb-march so I would say 1 of 2 things have happened. The 1st is that the majority of the schools you applied to are simply slower than others and offer interviews and acceptances later in the game, the 2nd is that you are a good applicant but maybe not the best so those schools have sent out interviews/acceptances and are waiting to hear back from people to deny acceptances to hand out more interviews ect. which will be when they contact you (basically its like being on the waitlist without the school telling you, which is annoying but I have a few schools who I know do it that way).

Best of Luck!

-K

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for your response! hopefully number 2 is the situation.

University: CW Post
Major: Interdisciplinary, Life Sciences
Cum GPA: 3.15(Highest Grade)
Prereq GPA: 3.64 (Highest Grade)
GRE: 155 Verbal, 158 Quant, 4.0 Writing
LOR: 2 Proffesors in major, 1 PT, 1 Employer
Volunteer hours: 24 Inpatient, 100 Nursing Home, 40 Traumatic Brain Injury

Applied: NYIT, LIU, SUNY Upstate, Stony Brook, Touro NY, Touro NV, UNE, Mayo, ASU, Nazereth, SBU, MGH, AT Still, GWY

Interviews: N/A
Rejected: Mayo, SunyUp, MGH, LIU,
Wait listed: Touro NV,
Accepted: N/A
Attending: N/A

You're going to worry no matter what anyone tells you, but I think you'll be okay. You're most likely going to be accepted to Touro NV along the lines.