Should I be worried? (Rescinded seat in d-school)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ROTC Cadet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As of right now, I'm in my last semester senior year. I've already been accepted into dental school and have paid the first two deposits. I also have taken all my pre-requisite classes, therefore, I'm just finishing up my requirements for undergrad.

However, I'm struggling in two classes because it's my senior year and I don't give a **** anymore. Coming into my senior year I had a 3.87, now I'm down to a 3.77, and it looks like I'm going to get lower, but I honestly don't really care. I am worried however, that my poor performance may cause me to loose my seat in dental school.

The two classes I'm doing poorly in are a History class that I have to take as a requirement through ROTC, and Molecular Biology. In both classes I'm on track to get a C. (In the History class I may even get lower.)

Should I be concerned about loosing my seat? I wasn't worried at first considering all my prerequisites were completed, but now I'm getting a little worried.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

As of right now, I'm in my last semester senior year. I've already been accepted into dental school and have paid the first two deposits. I also have taken all my pre-requisite classes, therefore, I'm just finishing up my requirements for undergrad.

However, I'm struggling in two classes because it's my senior year and I don't give a **** anymore. Coming into my senior year I had a 3.87, now I'm down to a 3.77, and it looks like I'm going to get lower, but I honestly don't really care. I am worried however, that my poor performance may cause me to loose my seat in dental school.

The two classes I'm doing poorly in are a History class that I have to take as a requirement through ROTC, and Molecular Biology. In both classes I'm on track to get a C. (In the History class I may even get lower.)

Should I be concerned about loosing my seat? I wasn't worried at first considering all my prerequisites were completed, but now I'm getting a little worried.

Thoughts?

Stop being worried and work. If you are the student that doesn't care now with the little things, I certainly hope I don't see you for a root canal or a bridge. :thumbdown:

Give that seat to someone who is busting their butt to get ONE acceptance!

Thoughts?

Caught the senioritis eh? It's ok me too. Well your GPA is still pretty high so I wouldn't worry too much about having your acceptance revoked at this point. Just don't flunk your classes. If you're on the verge of not passing any class, then you gotta buckle down once again. It would be a shame to let all your hard work go to waste just because of a few classes. You're so close. Do what Shao Kahn from Mortal Kombat would do... "Finish him!"

Members don't see this ad :)
Stop being worried and work. If you are the student that doesn't care now with the little things, I certainly hope I don't see you for a root canal or a bridge. :thumbdown:

Give that seat to someone who is busting their butt to get ONE acceptance!

you would go to the dentist your parents tell you to go to, since you are still in high school. come back in four years skip

I don't understand...if you don't give a **** then why are you on here crying about how you might lose your seat if you can't even hack a C in history? My opinion? If I was an admissions officer and I saw you get a D in history, then yes, I would pull your seat out like a heartbeat and give it to someone who's putting in their effort to finish strong. I'm sure you're coming up on your finals now and if you're really THAT worried about trying to keep your C's and possibly getting D's, then it's indicative of a lot more than just "senioritis." That tells me you pretty much dicked around this entire semester, and that is NOT acceptable.

You had a 3.87 and now you're going to possibly end up dropping your GPA by over .1 point in a semester? That's disappointing, to say the least. If I was in your position, I would have been working twice as hard to try and ace all my classes so I could graduate summa.

What's your excuse going to be IF you even get the chance to explain your grades? "Uhhh, well...I only took history because it was a ROTC requirement and I just didn't care anymore..."? How do you think that's going to fly?

Look at the terms and conditions in your acceptance letter. Some schools want you to maintain a certain GPA, others just want you to pass your classes. If you just need to pass, you better be darn sure you pass because you are borderline right now my friend. If you need to maintain at least a B in every class then you may be SOL. With your high GPA, they probably just wanted you to pass with at least a C- in every class. So try a little harder this next month and you should be fine. Congrats on the acceptance. :luck:

For your situation you might not wanna go off of speculation. Your best bet would be to contact the school directly. Some schools are chill with Cs and some will rescind your acceptance for it.

Why r u asking this question when none of us know the freaking answer? Contact the damn school. We r basically giving u blind ass answers...

I doubt they'll have a problem with a C in History class. Getting a C in a perquisite like Biochemistry might sound the alarm. Avoid D's at all costs and if they ask about it, say it was caused by anything except for senioritis. They won't like that.

thread title is misleading.

i came in looking for drama

You have a month left. I completely understand that you don't care anymore, but you can spend the next three months not caring all you want. Care now, when it actually counts.

thread title is misleading.

i came in looking for drama

I was disappointed as well. I love a good "I messed up and my seat was revoked. wut do I do??!!??"

Too bad, too bad...

I don't understand...if you don't give a **** then why are you on here crying about how you might lose your seat if you can't even hack a C in history? My opinion? If I was an admissions officer and I saw you get a D in history, then yes, I would pull your seat out like a heartbeat and give it to someone who's putting in their effort to finish strong. I'm sure you're coming up on your finals now and if you're really THAT worried about trying to keep your C's and possibly getting D's, then it's indicative of a lot more than just "senioritis." That tells me you pretty much dicked around this entire semester, and that is NOT acceptable.

You had a 3.87 and now you're going to possibly end up dropping your GPA by over .1 point in a semester? That's disappointing, to say the least. If I was in your position, I would have been working twice as hard to try and ace all my classes so I could graduate summa.

What's your excuse going to be IF you even get the chance to explain your grades? "Uhhh, well...I only took history because it was a ROTC requirement and I just didn't care anymore..."? How do you think that's going to fly?
Yup. Pretty much sums this up. If you don't care, give your seat to someone who does.