Should I be worrying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrisbr

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help me figure something out. I'm in the 2018 application cycle and am currently waiting for interview invites. However, it's been a while since I've submitted my application, and have received no invites as of now, even though I believe my stats are fairly competitive:
I submitted my Primary AMCAS and TMDSAS application on June 9th
I received a 516 on my MCAT
My overall GPA was a 3.87, with a 3.95 BCPM and a 3.80 AO (my TMDSAS was even better than this)
I had 550 Leadership Hours, 80 Physician Shadowing Hours, 256 Volunteer Hours, 330 Research Hours with 60 hours spent on a publication.
I submitted all my Secondary applications by mid-August

Members don't see this ad.

If you are a Texas resident you should receive several interviews from the Texas schools with your stats.

Reactions: 1 user
Help me figure something out. I'm in the 2018 application cycle and am currently waiting for interview invites. However, it's been a while since I've submitted my application, and have received no invites as of now, even though I believe my stats are fairly competitive:
I submitted my Primary AMCAS and TMDSAS application on June 9th
I received a 516 on my MCAT
My overall GPA was a 3.87, with a 3.95 BCPM and a 3.80 AO (my TMDSAS was even better than this)
I had 550 Leadership Hours, 80 Physician Shadowing Hours, 256 Volunteer Hours, 330 Research Hours with 60 hours spent on a publication.
I submitted all my Secondary applications by mid-August

In totality you've really only been complete for 6 or 7 weeks at this point. It is way too early to get discouraged.

Members don't see this ad :)
And if I'm not a Texas Resident?
You would still have a chance at Texas MD, however, that shouldn't be your primary focus. Apply to schools at your state of residence as well.