grecian

10+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I'm starting my pharmacy program this fall but was looking to work as a tech in the meantime. Should I bother getting certified??

joetrisman

10+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2009
Developing rickets
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm starting my pharmacy program this fall but was looking to work as a tech in the meantime. Should I bother getting certified??

If you're doing 2+4 and you're in the 2, then yes. If you are actually in the pharmacy program, then no. Although as I recall, some states have weird intern laws so you might not be an intern immediately like in my state. If such is the case, getting certified might increase your pay if you are working until you are able to become an intern. But all things being equal, no.

grecian

10+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I'm starting an actually 4 yr program. My license says pharmacy technician student.

About the Ads

gtpmle

juuuuust a bit outside
Dec 8, 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
My state is one of those that you can't intern until after your 2nd year. I'm planning on getting certified before starting school this fall. I'm moving to a brand new area and hope that will help me in the job search :xf:

glory4england

10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

Does your school offers like an internship fair for students to interview with stores to work in the summer? TBH unless you have an in with a company or previous work experience as a tech, it's extremely hard to find a part-time/weekend tech position (I'm assuming you only want to work part-time during pharmacy school)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.