Should I call my interviewers post-interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorSmith

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently wait listed at one school I applied to, and I would really like to call the doctors with whom I interviewed to ask what I could have done better just for the sake of improving on my future interview opportunities. Do you think this would be a good idea, or should I avoid doing so?

Members don't see this ad.

They're likely very busy processing other candidates, and unless you made a shining example of yourself (which probably would have led to your acceptance...) I don't recommend it.

No. You should absolutely not do this.

Usually the interview is just one piece of the puzzle and the decision is made by the admissions committee, not the interviewer. Some schools allow people to call the admissions office and ask for feedback if they are rejected, but I haven't heard of schools that allow people to do this for waitlists. It's still early in the game, you can still come off the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would not recommend doing that... they would probably find it annoying, so it definitely wouldn't help your app at that school. I have heard of people emailing schools for feedback, but always AFTER the application cycle is over. Being waitlisted doesn't necessarily mean that you did something wrong in your interview.

I would instead focus on preparing for your upcoming interviews. Good luck!

If come May, you still haven't gotten any acceptances, and haven't heard anything from those schools you are waitlisted at, you can call the admissions office (NOT the interviewer) and respectfully ask for feedback for improving your application for a potential reapplication. Otherwise, please don't.

Alright. Thanks everyone. Will definitely avoid this then lol.