Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Should I call my interviewers post-interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by DoctorSmith, 01.13.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. DoctorSmith

DoctorSmith

Medical Student
    I was recently wait listed at one school I applied to, and I would really like to call the doctors with whom I interviewed to ask what I could have done better just for the sake of improving on my future interview opportunities. Do you think this would be a good idea, or should I avoid doing so?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Boolean

Boolean

They're likely very busy processing other candidates, and unless you made a shining example of yourself (which probably would have led to your acceptance...) I don't recommend it.

4. Ismet

Ismet PGY-fun SDN Administrator 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Verified
    Physician
    No. You should absolutely not do this.

Usually the interview is just one piece of the puzzle and the decision is made by the admissions committee, not the interviewer. Some schools allow people to call the admissions office and ask for feedback if they are rejected, but I haven't heard of schools that allow people to do this for waitlists. It's still early in the game, you can still come off the waitlist.

5. AquiVoy13

AquiVoy13

Pre-Medical
    I would not recommend doing that... they would probably find it annoying, so it definitely wouldn't help your app at that school. I have heard of people emailing schools for feedback, but always AFTER the application cycle is over. Being waitlisted doesn't necessarily mean that you did something wrong in your interview.

I would instead focus on preparing for your upcoming interviews. Good luck!

6. mvenus929

mvenus929 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    If come May, you still haven't gotten any acceptances, and haven't heard anything from those schools you are waitlisted at, you can call the admissions office (NOT the interviewer) and respectfully ask for feedback for improving your application for a potential reapplication. Otherwise, please don't.

7. DoctorSmith

DoctorSmith

Medical Student
    Alright. Thanks everyone. Will definitely avoid this then lol.

About the ads