Should I drop this class and get another W?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vashka

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dunno if I should drop my gen bio class...the issues are
1. I'm a post bacc. I have AP credits for gen bio but wanted to repeat it thinking it would be easy. I also haven't taken any bio labs although I have taken higher level bios with a grade of an A during my post bacc.
2. The bio class plus lab accounts for 5 credits this semester. If I dropped it, I would be down to 12 credits.
3. I'm also studying for the June MCAT.
4. My first grade on my gen bio test was a C. This is mainly due to the fact that I assumed it would be easy so my prep was half that of a normal test. And I ran out of time on the test because the essay portion had 8 parts. The grading scale is also highly unforgiving. 5. The second test is next Tuesday and the last drop date is on Monday. I have a W from last semester as well in a 1 credit lab that I added to my schedule late and couldn't catch up with the info.
6. If I stayed in the class, the final grade can replace the lowest test grade, meaning that my C would be replaced. I'm apprehensive about holding out for a high grade on the final though...

What the he** should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I dunno if I should drop my gen bio class...the issues are
1. I'm a post bacc. I have AP credits for gen bio but wanted to repeat it thinking it would be easy. I also haven't taken any bio labs although I have taken higher level bios with a grade of an A during my post bacc.
2. The bio class plus lab accounts for 5 credits this semester. If I dropped it, I would be down to 12 credits.
3. I'm also studying for the June MCAT.
4. My first grade on my gen bio test was a C. This is mainly due to the fact that I assumed it would be easy so my prep was half that of a normal test. And I ran out of time on the test because the essay portion had 8 parts. The grading scale is also highly unforgiving. 5. The second test is next Tuesday and the last drop date is on Monday. I have a W from last semester as well in a 1 credit lab that I added to my schedule late and couldn't catch up with the info.
6. If I stayed in the class, the final grade can replace the lowest test grade, meaning that my C would be replaced. I'm apprehensive about holding out for a high grade on the final though...

What the he** should I do?
It is a general bio class. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to get an A in it if the final can replace the lowest test grade if you have gotten A's in upper-level biology already. Do what you need to get the A. Only drop if you cannot get the A no matter what, due to grading policy, impossibility of putting in more effort, etc.