1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Should I just bomb the final?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Zanoman, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Zanoman

Zanoman Member
    7+ Year Member

#1 Zanoman, Apr 26, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Apparition

Apparition 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

If only the repeated class will show up on the transcript, bomb and retake. But if both grades will show up, study and don't retake because AMCAS will average both grades.

4. 10minutes

10minutes M.D.Candidate
    5+ Year Member

Ditto

5. rambo

rambo Slightly Evil
    7+ Year Member

Study. You said yourself that if you aced it you could get a B. Stranger things have happened.

6. AMCAS will count the grade as an F even if you retake and make a higher grade. My college allows 2 retakes of failed classes. The failed course is not used in the schools GPA calculations, but AMCAS still counted it as 0 credits.
    I failed for a good reson though and retroactivly withdrew from the course. turning the F into a W, which amcas will not count. Study.

7. UseUrHeadFred

UseUrHeadFred Oh no! It's a Wumpus!
    5+ Year Member

Study, do your best. If you get a mediocre grade, take a higher level course. Do *BETTER* in that one. Note that by better, I don't mean necessarily an A or A+, but show some improvement. Prove you're tenacious and willing to work hard!

8. Thundrstorm

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I would never fail on purpose. Do your best; move on. One mediocre or bad grade won't kill you, but an F never looks good. :thumbup: