Should I just bomb the final?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zanoman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If only the repeated class will show up on the transcript, bomb and retake. But if both grades will show up, study and don't retake because AMCAS will average both grades.

Apparition said:
If only the repeated class will show up on the transcript, bomb and retake. But if both grades will show up, study and don't retake because AMCAS will average both grades.

Ditto

Members don't see this ad :)
Study. You said yourself that if you aced it you could get a B. Stranger things have happened.

AMCAS will count the grade as an F even if you retake and make a higher grade. My college allows 2 retakes of failed classes. The failed course is not used in the schools GPA calculations, but AMCAS still counted it as 0 credits.
I failed for a good reson though and retroactivly withdrew from the course. turning the F into a W, which amcas will not count. Study.

Study, do your best. If you get a mediocre grade, take a higher level course. Do *BETTER* in that one. Note that by better, I don't mean necessarily an A or A+, but show some improvement. Prove you're tenacious and willing to work hard!

I would never fail on purpose. Do your best; move on. One mediocre or bad grade won't kill you, but an F never looks good. :thumbup: