Should I list my MCAT when applying to PA school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Inspectah

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I switched over from wanting to be an MD to a PA recently, but I have already taken my MCAT and got a really good score (514, 91 st percentile). Would this help in an application to PA school or would they question my dedication towards becoming a PA?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

CASPA has a section to fill in your MCAT scores. I don't remember if its listed as optional to put them in, or required. My understanding of the process is that its expected to disclose something if they ask for it. Even if its not expressly stated, you might end up looking bad if you took it and didn't disclose it. Then its up to the school to look at your score if they care or not. Each school will be different. That is a good percentile, though. There might be somebody out there that looks at it and says "well this person really doesn't want to be a PA, so lets not waste a seat there", but there's really no way to know, so there's probably no reason to become preoccupied with it. You took it, there's a place to record it, its a decent score, so it is what it is. Its not like you are name dropping by throwing it out there... you are just stating a fact on the application form. There are so many facets to the application process that they will have plenty of other things to look at if there is a question of your commitment. Make sure you take the opportunity elsewhere to make it clear why you want to be a PA. You would need to take that approach whether or not you have the MCAT noted on your application packet.