Should I pursue an MPH...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jazzedup

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your summers each year are going to be filled with working crazy hours at your internships. It's probably advisable not to take on more work with the MPH, too.

Why not just apply to LS that offer JD/MPH in 3.5-4 years?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why not just apply to LS that offer JD/MPH in 3.5-4 years?

+1

There are many law schools out there that provide a dual degree (i.e. UMich, BU, Emory, JohnHopskins/Georgetown). I know that at UMich, you can apply to the MPH program before or during law school. First, third and fourth years will be at the law school. Second will be spent at the School of Public Health.

I'd look into a dual-degree program (if you attend an LS with a school of public health you might be able to create your own...) or I'd plan to complete the MPH after LS. I would strongly recommend against an online degree - you would miss out on the chance to connect with faculty members and fellow students, and the five-year timeline needed to complete the online degree is NOT worth it. With a dual-degree you could probably finish LS and your MPH in 4 years and be competitive for the job you want straight out of LS.