Medical Should I reapply for MD a 4th time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Should I reapply a 4th time to MD schools? Most recent application brought me 3 MD interviews with all waitlists.

Stats:
BCPM GPA: 3.67
AO GPA: 3.64
TOTAL GPA: 3.66
Post-Bacc GPA: 3.97
MCAT: 511 (4th attempt; Attempt 1: 496, Attempt 2: 505, Attempt 3: 504)

Only my 4th MCAT is currently valid. All others were taken over 3 years ago.

1 5th author publication

5200 Clinical hours as a MA
3 years of research
1000 hours of tutoring
500 hours of volunteering

Please let me know if any more info is needed. Thank you!
Why do think that the 4th try would magically be different?

You've already lost three years of a clinician's salary. Beggars can't be choosy. Go DO and don't look back.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Goro,

I currently only have an acceptance to DO but am worried about its insanely high price tag per year. My in-state MD school rejected me as I moved away from the state to pursue my post-bacc/work. This same school interviewed me in the previous cycle and told me to improve my MCAT and gain clinical experience - which I have now done. I just wonder if moving back home and reapplying to that school will be beneficial or not. In-state school costs less than 25k a year.

I suppose in the long run I’ll still be losing 4 years of a clinician’s salary for only saving 200k by the end of 4 years of medical school.

The price tag DIFFERENCE per year, for all 4 years added up, is still less than the year of salary you'd be giving up for a possibility. Take the acceptance and run.

Huh? You already lost at least a million in attending salary by waiting this long! Why do you care if you have 300k in loans vs 200k in loans? Apply to both MD and DO, but make sure you apply to a solid amount of DO schools to get an acceptance. If you get an MD acceptance, go MD. If not, go DO. Stop wasting time!

Huh? You already lost at least a million in attending salary by waiting this long! Why do you care if you have 300k in loans vs 200k in loans? Apply to both MD and DO, but make sure you apply to a solid amount of DO schools to get an acceptance. If you get an MD acceptance, go MD. If not, go DO. Stop wasting time!
They already have an acceptance to DO this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.