Should I renew my TPR online access?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

voluntaryanon

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I messed up by taking the summer TPR course last year and not taking the MCAT, not studying, and basically wasting my money. I want to take the MCAT this September now, and I am determined not to mess this up like I did last year! (I had an epiphany after that dreadful summer ended)

I do have the full set of TPR 2015 MCAT books. I am debating on renewing the TPR online access to study for the MCAT (it's 500 dollars for 4 month renewal!) or spend money on other sources that might be more worth it and that won't expire. The issue with the 4 month renewal thing is that my family planned a full month vacation to our home country that I cannot skip (we haven't come back to the country in 18-19 years).

So basically I have the TPR full set of books, but no access to extra practice/tests other than the science and CARS workbook (paper) they provided me. Should I renew the TPR online access or should I buy other materials? If other materials, which ones should I get? And how would I formulate a study plan with the new material to correlate with the TPR books?

note: I posted this on reddit already, but I decided to post it here too for more input! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Do you already have the TPR CARS/science workbooks? I think those are the only materials from princeton that are worth it. Don't waste your money on the online stuff. TPR FL's are honestly garbage. If you're looking for decent FL's, I'd recommend nextstep.

I don't think you should allocate all of your time into one company.

There are other companies out there that are resourceful and possibly cheaper.
(NextStep, TBR, Kaplan, Atlius, Testing Solutions)

Why pay for something that you already learned from?
Wouldn't you want to see things in different perspectives?