should I retake a statistics class taken Pass/Fail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IcedCoffeeOnly

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I took an upper level statistics class for pass/fail, and passed the class, but i didn't learn anything. I'm pretty sure I passed by the skin of my teeth. I think it'd be good to have a good statistics foundation, so what do you think about retaking this at a community college so I can actually learn statistics?

Also, I took a neuroscience class 4 years ago and got a B. Would it be bad to take the class again at a community college? I don't remember anything from this class as well.

If I retake these 2 classes I can get my sGPA from 3.35 to 3.4. Would that be worth it?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I took an upper level statistics class for pass/fail, and passed the class, but i didn't learn anything. I'm pretty sure I passed by the skin of my teeth. I think it'd be good to have a good statistics foundation, so what do you think about retaking this at a community college so I can actually learn statistics?

Also, I took a neuroscience class 4 years ago and got a B. Would it be bad to take the class again at a community college? I don't remember anything from this class as well.

If I retake these 2 classes I can get my sGPA from 3.35 to 3.4. Would that be worth it?

Thank you.
No, do not retake. Take new science classes instead. As you've taken these classes before, youre expected to get an A in these classes and anything below it will raise eyebrows.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone,

Thank you.

dude I took a stats class got an A and I promise you I didnt learn **** except a p value of less than 0.05 is significant. I know my state med school teaches stats the first semester, idk about other schools. Dont retake a B. You have anything below a C?

AAMC averages out your attempts so idk if that jump youre showing is for your school or AAMC

Take more upper science level courses if you can afford to do so.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Well it depends are you retaking it because of the B or because you want to learn the material. Personally most of it will be irrelevant for medical school. If you are retaking it because of the B, then in the wise words of Goro I would just take two Xanax instead.

as far as the stats class goes, look to see if your target schools require it and if so if it has to be taken for a letter grade.

You may need to take another stats class if stats is a pre req and the school doesn’t accept P/F in pre reqs. As far as retaking a B to raise your GPA, nah.